✿Chapter 16: Not The Same Person✿

You quickly ran over to the wall and tried pushing it back, "No! No, no, no! You hated being in tight spaces. You grabbed a bone from the ground and tried lodging it into the seam between the floor and the wall. Varian tried pushing against the wall too.

"We're gonna get squished!" He said, trying to keep the wall from moving closer.

You turned to him, "You think?!" You asked sarcastically. You spotted Rapunzel grabbing Varian's staff and a bone from the ground. You focused on the wall again, there had to be something, anything that you could do.

Suddenly the walls stopped, you turned to Rapunzel and noticed that Pascal had wedged a bone into the axel. The chameleon started walking along the axel to find a release mechanism, but the home that was stopping it broke, pushing the walls closer. Varian had his back against the wall and his legs on the other trying to keep it from moving. You and Varian were pressed together when the walls suddenly stopped. Pascal jumped down into Rapunzel's hand.

"Pascal you did it!" You exclaimed.

Varian groaned, "I think I'm gonna be sick." He said. As the walls released.

The three of you let out a sigh as the doors opened in front of you, freeing you from the trap. You exited the room and continued walking through the halls. A very obvious tripwire revealed itself in front of the group.

"Oop, tripwire!" Varian pointed out, before stepping over it, followed by you and Rapunzel.

You turned around to take a look at the tripwire and spotted Pascal sticking his tongue to a spider, "Pascal no!" You said quickly stepping toward the reptile.

Rapunzel followed, "I need you to carefully let go of that spider!" She said. The chameleon nodded, walking forward and letting go of the spider. Everyone sighed in relief as he let go, but their fears were brought back when Ruddiger stepped through the wire and snapped it. The roof started crumbling down and Rapunzel ran forward grabbing both of the animals and saving them from being crushed by the falling roof, "Everyone okay?" She asked as she put down the animals, "We are getting closer to the surface. We don't want to alarm the guards."

"Oh, I'm pretty sure they and everyone else has their hands full." He snickered.

You turned to him confused, "Huh? What do you mean?" You asked, that was a weird thing to say.

"N... nothing. uh, it's just, um, they... have their hands full every day!" He laughed awkwardly, "Corona, you know?" He leaned against a wooden beam, "Busiest kingdom on earth!" The beam moved, pushing into the wall. Suddenly the ground gave out from under you and Varian. In the rush of the moment you grabbed onto him, your arms wrapped around his waist. The two of you were suspended in the air, his staff was the only thing keeping the two of you from falling. He had one hand wrapped around you and the other tightly around the stick.

"(Y/N)! Varian! Hang on!" Rapunzel said, looking into the hole.

Varian looked down nervously, "Way ahead of you!"

"Yeah, it's not like we have a choice!" You said, clutching tightly onto him your fingers digging into his clothes, you looked down seeing the deep pit beneath the both of you. Your eyes widened and you clutched onto him tighter, closing your eyes and burying your face in his shirt. You felt his arm tighten around you, trying to keep you as close to him as he could.

Rapunzel grabbed onto the staff and pulled the two of you up. And back on solid ground. You let out a sigh and let go of Varian but held tightly onto his hand nervously needing comfort, refusing to even look back at the hole. The ground started rumbling again and the floor began to fall a bit away from where the three of you were standing.