✿Chapter 15: A Lie✿

You and Rapunzel walked through the front door of the castle. Both of you were greeted by various people, as Rapunzel marched towards the throne room. She slammed open the door and turned to your father who was sitting on the throne, "You lied to me." She growled. You took a step back and leaned against the wall of the room, watching it all unfold.

"Rapunzel, I just heard what happened in Old Corona." He said, trying to sound calm, "I-I assure you I was only to protect the two of you."

Rapunzel pressed her hand to her temple, "From what?" She asked angrily, "Your own men?" She moved her arm to the side, gesturing to outside, "It's time for answers, Dad. I- We want to know why you lied about Old Corona, and why you've been covering up the fact that our kingdom is being destroyed by those black rocks."

Your father walked down from the throne and stood a bit away from Rapunzel before turning around and glancing at you, hoping you could relieve the situation.

"Yeah, Dad." You spoke, "Why did you lie to us about the rocks? Clearly we figured it out anyway, and you should have known that would happen. So you lied for our "safety", and yet no matter what you say that won't cause the rocks to go away. From that diagram in the map room, they seem to be coming straight for us... don't they?" You asked rhetorically."What are you trying to hide?"

The man then turned to face both of you, "I'm sorry, my dear." He paused, "I did not want to lie to either of you. But you two are not ready for the truth."

"Oh, Dad, we are beyond what we are or are not ready for!" Rapunzel exclaimed.

You decided to add, "People are in danger!"

"Girls!" Your father yelled, cutting you both off, "I am the king, and I have the situation under control!"

You stood your ground, "If it was under control you wouldn't have had to lie about it in the first place!" Your father's face twisted into one of sadness, he knew you were right.

Rapunzel turned around and started walking away, "You know, you are not the first person to lie to me and tell me I am not ready for the world." She walked off, leaving the room and slamming the door behind her.

You turned to your father who stood defeated, "Dad, she's eighteen now. She's an adult, you don't need to keep treating her like a child. She had already suffered enough isolation from the world." You said before turning and following in the direction that she had just left.

✿✿✿

You walked down the hall and heard some quarreling back and forth between people. You ran around the corner and saw everyone bickering and telling things that were unnaturally true.

"I got most of these medals from the supply closet." One man said. You cocked your head to the side and furrowed your eyebrows. Everyone was telling their truths, truths that were never meant to be heard. Stan and Pete ran into the hallway followed by Eugene. You sent the man a questioning look and he just shrugged in return.

You decided that it would be best for you to stay out of... whatever this was and find something to do to distract yourself. Like go down to the docks and watch the sunset. Good thing your father didn't mind you being in town. You made your way out of the castle and through the town, you had to get to the docks quick, or else you would miss the sunset. As you reached the docks you spotted a head of blond hair, you got closer and noticed Rapunzel was sitting in a boat. You walked down the wooden dock and stepped down into the boat, sitting next to her.

"Hey, Raps. How are you doing?" You asked, she looked sad. And rightfully so, your father did just admit that he lied to both of you.

She shrugged, "I don't know, (Y/N)." She turned away, "I don't even know what to do anymore." Pascal, who was on her shoulder, squeaked a little, "Yeah, I know. There's always a way." The blonde girl said, smiling at the reptile, "I just have to find it."