✿Chapter 27: The Lost Treasure of Herz Der Sonne✿

A large group of people stood in the castle's throne room. It was broken up and a mess from when the Saporians and you had fought. Rapunzel looked at the room it looked almost unfixable.

"Okay, everyone." She said, "After the Saporian attack, this kingdom could use a real pick-me-up." She looked around at all the citizens standing in the castle, "And what better way to bring everyone together than with a community project." Everybody cheered, hoping for something fun and exciting, "With a little hard work, and a whole lot of Corona spirit, we can rebuild this kingdom. So let's do it!" She said, picking up shovels and tossing them to everyone, but not you. You're arm still wasn't completely healed, the doctor said you couldn't do any hard labor until your arm was healed.

Everyone let out cheers and shouts, "Let's do this thing!" Lance, who was right behind you, and Varian shouted.

Their attitudes slowly changed as they each started fixing up the throne room, you and Varian made quite a bit of small talk, the two of you talked about things that you would like to do, he talked about his experiments, and other things.

"So, uh..." He put his shovel to the ground and leaned on it, "How are you feeling?"

You looked up at him, a smile on your face, "Better. Actually, my arm is feeling a lot better, and I don't have to have it propped up anymore." You were sitting down on a cart in front of him.

"That's- that's good! Good- good. Very good." He said, grabbing the shovel again and going back to whatever he was doing.

You swung your legs back and forth, "What about you? How are you feeling?" You asked, leaning forward towards him.

"Uh-" His face went slightly red, "I'm fine! Never been better..." He paused, rubbing the back of his neck, "My dad is back... I don't think the people fear me anymore. And- uh... we are back on good terms." You were both cut off by a loud bang, you glanced over and noticed the wall had been hit by Feldspar or Old Lady Crowley. The topcoat of the wall had fallen down, revealing a map or something underneath.

✿✿✿

Rapunzel had gotten the journal of Herz Der Sonne and held it up to the map, trying to read it, "Here lies King Herz Der Sonne's lost treasure!" She gasped before pulling the book to her chest, "You guys! Wait! This is an honest-to-goodness treasure map!" She said looking at the people.

Xavier, who was standing next to you and Varian began to speak, "I have heard "The Legend of Herz Der Sonne's" lost treasure. It is said to be buried in his crypt. The tale begins millennia ago--" He was cut off by Eugene.

"Uh, Xaves, bottom line us, would you?" He said.

Xavier nodded, "She's right. It's a map."

Rapunzel glanced at the map before turning back, "This is just the thing to bring everyone together!"

Everyone decided to walk out to the palace square, you all stood around the map from earlier.

Rapunzel stood next to the tarp, "How many of you have ever dreamed of having a treasure of untold riches?" She asked. Everyone thought about it, you shrugged, not really caring. I mean you did live in a castle, but it would be fun to go on a trip, "We are holding a Corona-wide race for the lost treasure of Herz Der Sonne!" Everyone cheered, "But wait! It gets better! Because this is about having fun together, everyone will be racing with a partner!" She said, everyone groaned.

You elbowed Varian, "We could race together!" You chuckled.

"Y-yeah." He said, rubbing his neck.

"Who picks our partners?" Vlad asked. You looked up at Rapunzel, you didn't get to pick your own?