✿Chapter 33: Nothing Left To Lose✿

Cassandra lead the two of you up the stairs. You suddenly grew nervous, feeling a cold breeze run down your spine. You felt an ominous presence surround you.

"And then what?" Cassandra asked, you and Varian looked over at her. You then shared a look, both of you confused.

Varian leaned over to you, "Who is she talking to?"

The three of you entered a wide room, "Look, I know none of this is your fault," She started, "and I don't want to hurt... you." She gestured to Varian, causing him to step in front of you protectively, "Don't worry, I'm a woman of my word, I won't hurt her either." She then looked down and the rocks that were binding the two of you shattered, "So when Rapunzel comes for you, don't try anything foolish."

Varian sent a glance to you, "Stay back, okay?" He said before stepping forward, "Cassandra, you're angry. I get it, believe me, I know what it's like. But you are making a mistake." The boy said, looking down at his own hand, "The path of hate is a dangerous track. You take one step and it's hard to turn back," He slowly made his way over to Cassandra, "It pulls you along and though it seems wrong it feels right."

Cassandra sat down and started sharpening her sword, clearly, it didn't need to be sharpened, but it seemed to distract her from Varian's words.

"Don't you see, this path you're on leaves a permanent mark," He stepped in front of her, looking into the reflection of her sword, "It feels good at first then it slowly turns dark, with each passing day, you're further astray from the light."

Cassandra stood up, slowly making her way towards you, seemingly to threaten the boy. Varian quickly stepped in front of the woman.

"Suddenly you lose your way and lose the thread, lose your cool then lose your head." Varian followed her, trying to get her to hear his words.

Cassandra turned away from him, trying to ignore what he was saying. You could tell that he had an impact.

"Every loss is harder to excuse. Then you see you'll lose your faith and lose your soul." You watched as Cassandra looked at her reflection in the rocks. She then turned around to face the boy, "Till you lose complete control, and realize there's nothing left to lose- nothing left to lose." You could hear the sadness in Varian's voice, you couldn't imagine the memories this must've brought back, "Cass! Trust me! Becoming the villain isn't the answer!" He said, grabbing her wrist.

The woman turned to face him, seemingly offended, "Is that what you think I am?" She growled, pulling her arm away, "The path I'm on is a path paved in black, I'm taking that road and I'm not looking back," She walked towards him, pushing him back towards you. Rocks sprouted up around her, "Each twist and each turn is straight where I'm yearning to go, yes it's true my path is dark but I see where it ends," The rocks under her feet rose, lifting her up in the air, "my rivals will fall as my power ascends," The rocks rose even more and rocks started growing on the walls like steps, "despise me that's fine, I'm taking what's mine even so."

You and Varian looked up at her, concerned for what would happen.

"Not like you," She pointed at Varian, "You lost your nerve you lost the game, but you and I we're not the same."  She hopped off of those rocks and onto others, "I'm not lost this fate is mine to choose. So I chose to lose my doubt and lose my chains, lose each weakness that remains. Now that I have nothing left to lose." She glanced up at a small painting that was held up by a group of rocks, "Nothing left to lose!" She swung her sword at it, her arm was held back by Varian.