Seven (What she finds out)

Seven (what she finds out)

Would you bleed for me? Lick it of my lips like you needed me? - Halsey

“She’s not a stranger, she’s pretty,” Scott tells him excitedly.

“She is,” Harry agrees holding out his hand to help me stand up and then picking up the kid. “Doesn’t mean she’s not a stranger to you. You’re lucky I know her otherwise you’d be in so much trouble.”

“You know the pretty girl?” Scott asks, widening his innocent eyes.

“Yep.”

I can’t utter a word because I’m so confused right now. He has a kid? He never said anything that would make me think that. How come I didn’t realize that the person the kid reminded me of was him? I mean the kid has his green eyes, his curly hair and his cheeky smile with the cute dimples. Oh and let’s not forget about his charm.

“You never texted me back,” he states quietly.

“You have a kid,” I blurt out ignoring his comment.

I can never play it cool, can I?

He shrugs. “Yeah, I meant to tell you but it felt kind of weird to mention that type of thing on a first date.”

“I think that’s exactly the type of thing you should mention on a first date. I mean you’re a dad, it’s kind of a big deal.”

“What? I’m not his dad. He´s my brother, so I’m taking care of him.”

Well that makes sense. Harry is a sweet guy who looks after is little brother who is just as cute as him.

“Oh. I’m sorry for assuming things,” I say quietly, a little embarrassed for speaking to him like that because of something that didn’t really matter that much. I mean even if he was a father it wouldn’t be a big deal. I wouldn’t just let him go because of his kid.

God what is he doing to me?

Two weeks ago I would never be this interested in a guy and now I can’t stop thinking about him.

“That’s alright. If I saw a little kid that looked just like you and you were telling him off for speaking to strangers I would assume the same thing,” He tells me and smiles at me. “So I see he has taken a liking in you, yeah? He has good taste in women, takes after his brother.”

“Harry, can the pretty girl come home with us?” Scott asks with pleading eyes.

“God, only 6 and already such a player,” Harry mutters playfully, rolling his eyes.

“Does he take after his brother with that too?” I ask.

“No, can’t say he does. I’ve got no game whatsoever. But maybe you should come over for lunch. You know give me a chance to try my moves on you,” He says teasingly.

If it were any other guy I’d turn him down and go back home to fulfill my original plans of eating junk food and hating my life but it’s Harry and he has this look in his eyes that I really can’t say no too. Besides I look awful right now and he’s still interested, so that’s something.

“Sure, that sounds good. I don’t if your moves will work on me though, I got really high standards.”

“Of course you do, that’s why you first checked me out.”

***

“Why did you have to make us walk when it was perfectly fine for us to take my car?” I ask, trying to catch my breath. I’m really not used to walking anymore so this was freaking hard.