Thirteen (What he feels)

On your shoulder I can reach an endless sky. Feels like paradise. – Zara Larsson

Harry

"I swear to god, if you guys embarrass me in front of her..." I warn my friends, my tone not sounding at all threatening. Ryan laughs it off and the other two roll their eyes clearly amused by my worrying. "I'm serious, please don't make me regret this."

"Oh c'mon man what are you so worried about? I'm sure the girl is totally gone for you, a few embarrassing stories told by your mates won't make her change her mind," Will speaks and I simply shake my head continuing to cook the pasta. It's Lara's favorite food and she had told me yesterday she was craving it, so obviously I couldn't stop myself from cooking it today.

It seems like these days my biggest concern is to make sure Lara is happy. Every decision that I make I always consider what she would think of it before making it. I know it hasn't been that long since we've been together, but she just feels so important to me.

She's perfect for me, really. She's beautiful, she's smart, she's funny, and she gets along with my little brother... I don't think I've ever felt a connection with someone as the one I feel with her. I mean, sure, there have been other girls before her and at the time I did think I was in love with them, but I don't think I even knew what that meant back then.

This feels different... special. I don't quite know what it is but I really want to be with her for as much time as I can to find out. I want to spend every second of every day with her. I already spend every second of every day thinking of her.

"I just don't want to risk anything. I really don't want to mess this up," I tell them.

"You won't," Max assures me placing his hand on my shoulder and squeezing in a comforting act. "I know it took you a long time to find a girl who understood your situation and who doesn't demand your attention all the time or fight for it with Scott. That in itself is a sign that she's different, she's willing to be with you despite the fact that you won't always be able to put her first. I don't think she would give you up because your friends are assholes. So don't worry about it."

He's right, I'm overthinking things. But how can I not? This girl means the world to me and I'm so scared of losing her. I can't just tell my friends that though, because they would find me crazy for feeling so strongly about a girl I've only met not too long ago.

"Yeah, I know. I just keep panicking over the stupidest things. Anyways, is your wife coming?"

"Yeah, she's bringing Zara. I hope that's okay."

Zara is Max's and Emma's 6 month old daughter and she's utterly adorable. I have babysat for them quite a lot specially since Emma has gone back to work and sometimes has to go to dinner meetings and stuff like that, I don't mind taking care of their little princess.

"Of course it's okay. What about you Will? Is your girlfriend coming?"

"I'm not sure. I think so. We're kind of in a middle of a fight right now but I think she'll still show up even if it's just so we can argue some more," He says with a bitter laugh.

"I take it things aren't going too well between the two of you."

"We've just hit a rough patch, I'm sure we can work through it," he murmurs more to himself than to the rest of us. "We'll be fine."