Ten (What she worries about)

Life is funny. Things change, people change, but you will always be you, so stay true to yourself and never sacrifice who you are for anyone. - Zayn Malik

"When I suggested it I had no idea this would happen. Who knew Luke was such a sucker for little kids?"

After a week filled with lots of crying and breaking and burning stuff - mostly Rose's belongings that she decided to leave behind - Luke was finally ready to leave his house. He's still not completely fine, but he's getting there.

Harry invited us over for dinner on a Saturday night and I wasn't too sure about it but it was definitely a good thing to do.What was supposed to be a dinner between three adults turned into me and Harry amusedly watching Luke and Scott on a play date.

"Luke is technically still a kid, so I'm not that surprised," I tell Harry. We both have grins on our faces watching Luke act like a child and Scott having the time of his life.

"We should've thought of this before."

"I know, right? This is amazing. Now we know who can babysit when we want to go out."

"Yeah and I can take care of him when you're in your honeymoon, too."

I turn red and Harry just laughs it off.

"Oh my god, Luke. Why are you even listening to our conversation? Just focus on playing with Scott," I state clearly embarrassed by my friend's words.

"I'm glad to see that neither of you have declined my offer," Luke smartly replies.

That little bitch.

"Definitely not saying no to that, mate," Harry tells him and winks. My heart flutters because he didn't deny anything or got mad or embarrassed at what Luke said, instead he just played it cool. It was hot.

"What about you, Lara? Want to take me up on my offer?"

"Um... sure. Who knows?"

Did I really just say that? Oh god. What the hell is that cheeky bastard doing to me?

My thoughts of self-destruction suddenly go away when Harry intertwines his fingers with mine and kisses my cheek. I look at him and see that his dimples are showing and he looks truly happy. It's good to think that I was the one who provoked this.

"Harry, do you have a best man? Because I know for sure that Lara is gonna pick that bitch she calls a friend to be her maid of honor even though I was the one who introduced you guys. I'm basically the reason you guys are together and I think I should have a big role in the wedding. Just saying."

"Paz is not a bitch," I state deciding to defend my friend and ignore everything else he's said.

"If you say so."

He shrugs and I narrow my eyes at him.

"You don't like Paz?" Harry asks.

"Harry, my friend, that's the same as asking if I like the devil. The answer is an obvious no."

"She's not half as bad as Luke makes her out to be."

"When do I get to meet her then?"

Silence.

I want to say never, because I'm too scared to let that happen. What if he likes her better, too? What if he leaves me and starts dating her? What if he's just like the others? I'm not ready to let go of him. I don't want to have to.