Prologue

Prologue

I have never been in love.

I know it doesn’t sound like a big deal, plenty of people in the world have never been in love. It is, however, a big deal to me. Ever since I was a little girl my main goal was to find the love of my life. I dreamt of meeting prince charming and getting married. Sure I also have career aspirations, but I never wanted anything as much as I wanted love.

That changed about two years ago when I started to realize that not everybody’s lucky enough to find the one. That was the time I really started to look at the world from a different perspective, I saw the people around me as if I was seeing them for the first time, because then I wasn’t looking at them from the point of view of an optimist, looking for love. I was no longer a dreamer, no longer someone who always saw the best in people and that no matter what always hoped for the best.

At 22 I watched as everyone around me started their lives after college. Most people had gotten the jobs they’ve always dreamed of and some of my friends- the lucky ones- got married. Everything was coming together for everyone and it didn’t feel that way to me.

My life was not going the way I planned it and that was really scary.

I was pretty lost for a while and took me some time to put the pieces together and start to understand the world for what it is.

What I’ve figured out is that there’s two groups of people. The lucky ones- the ones who find their soul mate and live happily ever after- and people like me- people who spend most of their lives searching for something only to come to the realization that we’ll never have it.

***

This is the character list but if you don’t like the people I chose, you can imagine them as someone else. This story is an alternative universe and the celebrities are merely used as a physical representation of what I have in mind.

Harry Styles as Harry Styles

Nina Nesbitt as Lara Riley

Jessica Szohr as Paz

Luke Hemmings as Luke Hemmings

Eliza Taylor as Lennon Riley

 Hiii! I hoped you liked this, I have so many ideas for this story. I'm still working on the plot so I'll only start updating in a few weeks and once I start I'll update regularly.

Just a warning that Harry is gonna be a bit older but not that much older than the other characters.

 In the meantime please check out my finished short story "Starlight" or my finished Harry AU "Grey&Green".