Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

Knowing that my bike was still back at my apartment I did my best to hale down a cab, the area the cemetery was located in wasn’t a very busy spot so I had to walk for a while before I came to an area that was a little bit busier. Eventually I had managed to get to an area where there were Cabs and after a little nudge to one of the drivers who was just going to drive past me, I finally got one to pull over.

“Where to?” The cab driver who smelt of stale cigarettes and a week’s worth of built up sweat asked

I gave the cabbie the address to my apartment building, I knew I couldn’t stay there for long but I was hoping I had enough time to grab my bike so I had wheels to get around.

The cabbie pulled up at the front of my building I handed him a twenty before getting out, I scanned the area quickly making sure no one was around before heading down the alleyway to my bike.

I pulled the tarp that was covering it off and frowned, roses were scattered all over my bile. There was an assortment of colours red, white, even orange.

Sighing I brush the roses off and climb on top of my bike. Sliding my helmet over my head I reach into my duffel bag and retrieve my keys. As soon as I had started my bike I pulled out of the alley and onto the road. So far so good. I thought to myself as I took off down the street.

Pulling my bike up at my best mate Stacey’s bar, I noticed a tall blonde haired male standing at the front door staring at me. I slowly lift my leg over my bike before lifting my hands up to remove my helmet. The man at the door continued to stare at me.

As soon as my helmet was off I grabbed my duffel bag and walked towards the front entrance, ignoring the man who was still staring, I walk past him and inside the bar and spot Stacey over in the far corner wiping down tables. It was only ten in the morning and the bar would have only just opened so there was no one in there beside Stacey.

“Please tell me there is plenty of alcohol on tap,” I say to her as I walk up behind her.

Stacey jumped and squeaked before spinning around facing me holding a hand to her chest. “Jesus Kylah you scared the shit out of me” She then frowned at me “Did you just say you wanted alcohol? You don’t drink”

“I do today,” I said with a shrug.

Stacey’s eyes widen in shock “Spill”

I shook my head “I don’t want to talk about it Stacey, I just  want to drink it all away”

Stacey sighed but nodded her head “Fine but I decide what you get to drink”

“As long as it does the job I don’t care”

I follow her over to the bar and sat on a stool as she opens the gate at the end and walks behind it, I watch as she picks up a long white glass bottle with a blue label and fills the shot glass that was already sitting in front of her half way. She then grabs a brown looking bottle and tips the brown coloured liquid in on top of the clear liquid already in the shot glass before bringing it over to me and sitting it in front of me.