Chapter Five

Chapter Five

The next morning I get ready for work I throw on a pair of jeans and a black long sleeve V-neck shirt and my boots and head down stairs to my office. After I unlock the place and turn the lights, computer and coffee maker on I make myself a coffee and head for my desk. I take a long sip of my much-needed coffee and set out to make a call to Ms Angel. After a few rings, the line is answered.

“Hello” The women’s voice said

“Yes good morning I was wondering if I could speak to Ms Angel please” I ask in my best professional voice.

“This is she,” Ms Angel says.

“This is Kylah Banks we spoke yesterday about me finding a friend of yours.”

“Yes I remember have you found him already?” Ms Angel asks.

“No mam I was just going over your paperwork and realised I forgot to get you to fill out some important forms and was wondering if we could make a time for you to come back in to fill them out?”

“Is that really necessary surly the forms I have already filled out would be sufficient enough?” She asks me.

“I am really sorry but I do need the rest filled out before I can start my investigation.” I say hoping she buys it.

Ms Angel sighs in the phone. “Well if I must. I can come in around noon today.”

“Noon today it is. See you then.” I end the call wiping my sweaty hands on my jeans. I didn’t realize I was nervous until I finished wiping my hands and saw that they were shaking.

Now with that done I pull out Gabe’s business card and call him to let him know a meeting has been arranged. I dial his number but all I get is a recording asking me to leave a message.

“Hey Gabe its Kylah I was just calling to let you know Ms Angel will be here at my office at noon today.”

After I leave the message, I hang up and turn to my computer to do some research on angel and demons. After an hour of searching the net and not finding, anything useful the bell to my office door jingles letting me know someone has just walked in. I look up to find Detective Ryan standing there smiling at me.

“Morning Kylah I thought I would bring you breakfast to say thanks for all your help yesterday.” Detective Ryan says holding up a brown paper bag in one hand and a coffee tray in the other.

I smile at him and wave him through my office. “You shouldn’t have worried about doing that you know I don’t mind helping. Please sit.” I say pointing to the chair across from me.

“Thanks.” He say sitting down.

He hands the brown papers bag over to me the smell of freshly baked pastries hit me immediately. “Oh yum I love pastries.” I say while I drool at what’s in the bag.

Detective Ryan laughs at my reaction. “I Know. That’s why I got them for you.”

I don’t know why but I blush after he tells me that. “Thanks.” I say sheepishly.

Detective Ryan shifts in his seat “Listen there’s another reason why I came in to see you today. I was wondering if you would like to go out for dinner some time?” I look up at him sitting there looking nervous.

“Oh ah sure.” I answer shocked that a guy like him would be asking a girl like me on a date. I haven't dated many guys before, not many guys like the way I looked.

A huge grin appears on his face “Yeah? Great! How about tomorrow night I will pick you up at seven?”

“Seven sounds good.”