Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

As soon as they were, inside the club Gabe dragged me towards the staircase that leads to the upper levels.

He stopped and looked at the bouncer who was guarding the stairs. “Kylah here is now a VIP she has access to the upper levels whenever she wants. Don’t refuse her or you will suffer my wrath.” He threatened the bouncer.

The bouncer nodded his head “Yes sir”

“Good” Gabe said nodding his head. He looked back at me “Come on let’s get this over with.” He started taking the steps two at a time.

I gave the bouncer a sarcastic smile before following Gabe up the stairs.

As soon as we reached Gabe’s office he closed the door behind us and locked it. “Can I get you something to drink?” He asked me.

Not wanting to put off hearing his explanation any longer I shook My head “I would rather you get straight to explaining” I said crossing my arms over my chest.

Gabe sighed but did as I asked. “The girl is part human part angel she is the daughter of a very high ranked angel. We are going to use her so we can negotiate the release of your father.”

“Wait what? You are using that poor child so you can get my father back, Why? Did you go to the place I found during my last tracking? If he wasn’t there I could have tracked him again. You shouldn’t have brought a small child into this.”

Gabe shook his head “You don’t understand. We couldn’t search the place you described from your last tracking, it is an Angel haven here on earth. It is well guarded and for us to even attempt to rescue your father from there would be suicide” Gabe walked over to his desk and sat down on his chair. “This is the only way.” He said.

“Bullshit” I said walking over to Gabe. “Have you even tried to think of another way to rescue my father? One that doesn’t involve kidnapping small innocent children”

“You think I wanted to take the girl? Shit Kylah how evil do you think I am? It was the only option we have”

I shook my head at Gabe “Give me the child so I can return her to her mother, who by the way has nothing to do with taking my father. The poor thing is a wreck, her daughter is the only person she has left”

“I can’t give her to you Kylah, we need to rescue your father”

“Dam it Gabe, there has to be another way!” I shouted at him.

“You think so do you?” he asked me “Well then miss know it all, tell me what other option do we have?”

I stood there staring at Gabe, “I don’t know, Jeez Gabe I only just found out about angel and demons, how am I supposed to know how to break into an angel haven and rescue my father, all I know is that we don’t need an innocent child to do it”

“Well until you come up with a better plan we are using the child,” he told me.

I glared at him for a moment while I tried to think of a way to convince him to free the child, when nothing came to mine I sighed “Fine, if that’s the way you want to play it. I’m out” I said as I turned away from him and made my way to the door.

“What do you mean you’re out?” he asked, I heard him get up from his seat and walk towards me.

“Exactly what I said. I’m out, I don’t want anything to do with you and helping find my father. You seem to have it all worked out and there is nothing I can do to change your mind about the girl. I sure as hell don’t want any part in that.” I said as I glared at him.