Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

It was almost six thirty and I still hadn’t found anything decent to wear to dinner. I looked around my room and sighed at the sight before me. In my frenzy to find something to wear, I had managed to throw all my clothing out of my closet and draws onto the floor. My bedroom looked like a cloths bomb had gone off. I looked in my closet at the one piece of item still hanging up and sighed. Pulling it out I took a good look at the short black dress. I had received it as a gift for my eighteenth birthday. Not being the type of girl to wear dresses I have never worn it. I held up against my body and looked into the mirror.

The dress only went to my middle thigh, which meant my legs would be on display. It had three quarter length sleeves so it would cover up my tattoos. I wasn’t too sure about the low cut v- neck that would surely display a decent amount of cleavage and back of the dress was almost non-existent thanks to the wide v shape cut out of the middle of the dress that would reveal almost all of my back.

Sighing I pulled my clothing I was wearing off, I slipped on a black g string, the way the dress was designed it made it impossible for me to wear a bra, I pulled the dress on over my head. Checking myself in the mirror, I was pleased to see the dress looked pretty good on me. I wasn’t feeling too comfortable with the face that I wasn’t wearing a bra and my cleavage was on display for the world to see, but I had to admit that I looked dam good.

My phone ringing snapped me out of my thoughts, rushing over to my bedside table I picked it up “Hello”

“Kylah, it’s me. I wasn’t sure how to get up to your place so I’m out the front of your office”

“That’s ok Detective Ryan I will be down in a minute.” I said before disconnecting the call. I quickly grabbed my only pair of black high heels and raced for the door. Grabbing my house keys off the bench, I raced out of my place making sure I locked the door and headed down stairs.

“Wow” Detective Ryan breathed out when I walked out of the alley “You look incredible”

I turned my face away from him because i could feel myself starting to blush I wasn’t use to getting compliments and didn’t really know how to take them.

“Thank you.” I mumbled.

“Shall we?” Detective Ryan said gesturing to his car.

He reached down and opened the car door for me. “Thank you” I said as slid into the seat.

He closed the door gently and walked around to his door. I took a quick look around in his car and noticed it was clean. Reall clean so clean in fact it still had the new car kind of smell.

The driver side door opened and Detective Ryan climbed in. “Is this a new car?” I asked.

“No I have had it for about a year now.” He looked at me funny “Why”

Shrugging my shoulders “No reason it’s just so clean and it still has that new car smell to it”

I noticed his cheeks turned pink, I frowned to myself. Why was he blushing?

“I like things to be kept clean” He said

“Oh well thankfully you didn’t come up to my apartment then”

He looked at me “Why are you a messy person?” He asked smirking at me.

I shook my head “No not usually but this is my first date I have ever been on and I couldn’t find anything to wear, so my room currently looks like a cloths bomb has hit it” I looked over to see he was staring at me with his mouth wide opened “What?” I asked.