Chapter One

WARNING!

I am in the process of re-writing this story. I have started posting It, and as soon as I am finished re-writing this story, I will be removing this version. There will be some minor, and major changes to this story. So the storyline of this book wont match up with future books in this series.

Thank you

wolflover2012

Chapter One

The rain pelted down as I carried my daughter down the deserted street. Although we are cold and wet, she doesn't make a sound. As I look down at her sleeping form I cannot help but feel regret for what I'm about to do but I have no choice. If they were to find out she existed they would kill her. I would be unable to hide the fact of what she is from them. Her eyes would give her away. As we reach the front of the orphanage, I place a kiss on her head.

"I'm so sorry Manar." I call her by the name our people give her kind it means Light in the dark. I don't bother giving her a real name she would never know it.

I place her down on the cold hard ground. I let my mind search the building and seek out a human giving their mind a gentle nudge and telling them to come to the front door. If all goes well she will grow up without ever having to know who and where she had come from. This is the only way she has any chance of living. I give my daughter one last look before I turn and leave before the guilt of what I am doing becomes too much.

"Good morning Banks Bounty Hunters, Kylah speaking" I say to the person on the other end of the phone. I had only just gotten into my office before the phone started ringing.

"Kylah, its Ryan."

"Detective Ryan what can I do for you this morning?" I ask as I take a sip of my coffee.

"We need your help again. Are you available to come take a look at a crime scene?"

I look down at my day planner "I have an appointment in about ten minutes but I can come check it out after that." I tell him.

"Yeah? Ok great we will be here for a while. We're at Forty Second Street you know where Big Joes is?"

"Yeah I know the place." I say as I right down the address.

"Great see you when you get here." He says before disconnecting the call.

I hand up the receiver and sit back in my chair, lightly rubbing my eyes that itched. "Stupid new contacts." I grumble to myself as I try and readjust them. I wear contacts to cover up the fact that I have two different colored eyes. Although I don't mind that my eyes are two different colors, I found that I scare a lot of people when they see the color of one of my eyes. I have a Crystal blue eye and a blood red eye. How was it possible for me to be born with one red eye you ask? The doctors to this day still have no clue. They say that it is genetic but since I don't know who my parents are they can't be sure.

The sound of the bell above my small office door jingles letting me know my next appointment has arrived. I look up and see a tall slim Lady walking towards the front counter. I couldn't help but stare at her. Her hair was almost the color of white, her eyes were crystal blue and her skin was so pale. I blink a couple times to break out of my daze and stand from my desk to greet what I hope will be my next client.