Chapter Tenty Six Gabe POV

I stormed down the long hallway in hell heading towards Lucifers room. I was grateful that all the teleporting had knocked Kylah out as soon as we reached hell. I tracked down my best friend that I trusted to watch over her while I searched for Lucifer.

Reaching his bedroom door, I was so angry that I didn't bother stopping to knock, I barged into the room to find him sitting there with a glass of bourbon in his hands "So the love sick puppy has returned" He said to me.

"How could you?" I asked him "How could you do that to her?"

"What? I didn't do anything to her."

"No but you would have, have I not intervened."

I watched as he smirked at me "Did you really think I would hurt my only child? My heir to all this" he said gesturing the room with his hands.

I frowned at him feeling confused "What are you talking about? I saw you reaching for her."

Lucifer tapped his temple with his finger "Did you really think that if I wanted to burn her that I wouldn't have just read your mind and pushed you out of the way before you tackled her?"

I stared at him stunned for a moment. He was right he could have read both our minds and stopped us at any time.

"Of course I'm right." He said to me obviously reading my mind.

"Then why?" I asked shocked "Why go to so much trouble to make us believe that you were?"

Lucifer's smirk widened into a full-blown smile "Because something had to happen so she would like you again. Now she thinks I'm the bad guy and you're the hero. How can she not like you now?" He laughed,

Gabe glared at him "Gee thanks Lucifer, that plan may have worked if I had known about it." He said raising his voice.

"Of course it worked, what are you talking about might have?"

"She took me to the human plain, which you would have known and of coursed I panicked and forced her back here when she refused to return."

Lucifer smile dropped off his face "You mean to tell me that I made my daughter hate me so she would like you again and you ruined it by forcing her back here?" He asked slowly.

"Yes that's exactly what I'm telling you, what did you expect me to do? She can't stay in the human world with the angels after her."

"You could have helped protect her for a while until she cooled off, you should have taken her to your club, the angels can't get in there."

"Damit" I cursed "Why didn't I think of that!"

"I would love to know that myself, I went to so much trouble to fix things between you two and already you have stuffed it up. I bet she is in her room trashing the place as we speak. By the way if you are here who is guarding her?"