Chapter Thrity Three

Chapter Thirty Three

I woke to the sound of hushed voices whispering I opened my eyes to see my father and a man I had never seen before standing at the end of my bed. They seemed to be having a serious discussion judging by the serious look on my father’s face.

I tried to shift in my bed but hissed when a searing pain hit me on the side of my body. It was then that all the memories of everything that had happened hit me. Tony sleeping with my mother, me sleeping with Gabe, Tony being killed, me killing my mother, my demon taking control only to give it back when it realised it couldn’t escape heaven, to the pain I felt when I teleported out of heaven.

My movement caught my father’s attention he looked at me and smiled “You’re awake!” He said walking over to me. I was starting to worry that you were never going to wake up.” He admitted.

I frowned at his statement “What do you mean?” I managed to say. My throat was extremely dry so when I talked it felt like sand paper was scratching my throat. It made me have to cough which only made the feeling worse.

“Here drink this” My father said handing me a cup with a straw in it.

I slowly sat up ignoring the searing pain in my side before taking the cup from him and sucking on the straw. Instantly my throat felt better as the cool wet liquid went down my throat. As soon as I had drank all the water in the cup I handed It back to my father, it was then that I realized the room I was in, was not the room my father had given me when we first arrived at hell.

“Where am I?” I asked.

“You are safe, you are in hell.” My father answered.

“Why am I not in my room?” I asked frowning.

He sighed and sat down on the bed beside me, “A lot has happened while you have been asleep.”

I frowned at him “How long had I been a sleep for?”

“About two weeks.”

My eyes widened in shock “Two weeks?” I asked not sure I had heard right.

“You were severely injured when you came back to hell, we weren’t sure you would survive from all the burns that covered your body. Thank fully your body started to heal as soon as you returned but it still took a while for you to regenerate new skin. Your body kept you asleep while it healed its normal for any demon that is injured as badly as you were to go into a form of coma while it healed” He explained to me.

“Ok” I said still a little confused “That doesn’t explain why I am in a different room.”

“Like I said a lot has happened since you returned” He said with a sigh. “Gabe’s father Rex broke into your room and tried to take you. Gabe was there and he and Rex fought, it got messy and a lot of your room was damaged during the fight so we had you moved into a new room.”

“Gabe’s father tried to take me?” I asked shocked “I didn’t think I would ever see him again.” I whispered.

“You won’t, Gabe killed him, but not before he admitted to killing your friend Tony.”

“He killed Tony?”

“Yes” My father said nodding his head “He planned it as a distraction so he could take you, but he never planned on you being the one to find the body or you leaving here after you did. So he had to change his plans and try and steal you when you returned.”

I nodded my head in understanding, I glanced around the room and when I didn’t notice Gabe I started to worry “Where is Gabe? Is he alright?”