Chapter Two

Chapter Two

I arrive at Big Joes about twenty minutes later. Police vehicles and people standing around trying to sneak a peek at the crime scene surrounded the place. I hop off my bike and make my way to the alley next to the building. I stop at the crime scene tape looking for a familiar face. When I spot him, I send his mind a gentle nudge telling him to turn and look in my direction. This was one of many things I learned I could do after my sixteenth birthday. I can enter people’s minds. If I wanted to I could take full control of a person and make them do whatever I want. I can also alter a person’s memory as well as read their thoughts. It comes in handy a lot.

 Detective Ryan turned around and spotted me standing there. I give him a little wave as he starts walking over to me, with a relieved smile on his face.

“Kylah I’m so glad you could make it. I’m sorry for the inconvenience but I was hoping you could take a look and see if you could find anything useful for me?” He asked as hi lifted the police tape up so I could duck under it.

“It’s no problem detective I’m more than happy to help.” I say to him giving him a genuine smile. I had met Detective Ryan a little over a year ago. If met is the right word for it. He was chasing after a guy (who was a suspect in a murder case he was working on.) down a busy footpath when he ran straight into me sending us both flying to the ground. He quickly stood up and was about to keep running after the guy he was chasing. When my moans stopped him in his tracks. He looked down and noticed I was clutching my ankle, which was already injured before he ran into me. I fell from a two-story building the day before and broke my ankle. Anyway being the gentlemen he is, he knelt down to make sure I was ok. After a few moments, the pain went away and I was fine. We stood and he looked in the direction the man had run and started cursing. He apologized for his bad choice of words and explains who he was, and what he was doing. Feeling bad that I was the reason he lost the guy I explained who I was and told him how I have a special knack for finding people. Using another of my gifts, I found out I had after I turned sixteen, I was able to track down the guy he was chasing. From that day onwards, Detective Ryan would contact me if he needed my help with a case.

“So what did you need me to do?” I asked him as I ducked under the crime scene tape and made my way down the alley with him.

“We have a middle aged man who body was found down here. Gunshot wound to the head. No witnesses no clues that we can find. This case will most likely end up as an unsolved case. I thought that maybe you can do what it is you do and help us track down his killer?”

After I had helped him out a few times Detective Ryan became suspicious of how easily I tracked people down. I lied to him and told him I was physic and that’s how I am able to do it. He didn’t believe me at first, but after a few more cases that I had helped him solve I had eventually convinced him that I was in fact physic. It was the best lie I could think of at the time and I knew that he wouldn’t have believed the truth.