Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

As I rode around on my bike I tried to think of what I should do next, I was limited by what I could actually do because I didn’t want Gabe to track me down. My mind drifted to the man at the bar and wondered who he was. Was he talking about her biological mother when he spoke about a Lilith? If so did that make him an angel or a demon or was my imagination-running wild and he was just a normal guy? It had just occurred to me that I didn’t even think to use my mental nudge to get rid of the man instead I needed Stacey to get involved. Feeling like I needed a hot cup of coffee I pull up out the front of a coffee shop. Climbing off my bike I quickly made my way into the store.

I joined the line and waited patiently to be served. After standing there for about ten minutes, it was finally my turn to place my order. After ordering a flat black coffee, I stood back and waited for the young girl to make it.

“Hello Kylah”

Glancing over my shoulder, I scowl at the guy standing behind me. “What do you want Gabe?”

“We need to talk”

“I have nothing to talk to you about, you made your choice and I have made mine” I said turning my back on him.

I noticed the girl had finished making my coffee and walked up to the counter to collect it. I was on my bike so I had no choice but to find a spare seat and sit down to drink it.

Finding a vacant seat at the back of the coffee shop, I walk away from Gabe without giving him a second glance and made my way to the seat.

Sitting down I lift the cup up to my nose, I closed my eyes and inhaled the delicious scent before taking a sip.

The sound of the chair across from me scrapping on the floor had me opening my eyes and glaring at Gabe again.

“Go away Gabe”

“No, not until we talk”

Letting out a frustrated sigh I sit back in my chair “Fine, speak”

“You need to come back with me and help me with rescuing your father”

“No” I say shaking my head “You made your choice Gabe, I have made mine”

“Damit Kylah it’s not about you and me, this is about your father and getting him back safely”

“What makes you think I care about that Gabe? I’m more concerned about the young girl you had taken then my father’s well being.”

Gabe sighed “The deal for the exchange has been made, the young girl will be exchanged for your father tomorrow night”

“So?” I ask, “That changes nothing Gabe, you kidnapped a small child,” I hissed at him.

“She is not being harmed Kylah”

“That’s not the point Gabe”

“She will be returned unharmed, as long as the angels keep to the deal”

“Yeah, what happens to her if they don’t?”

The sound of the bell on the coffee shop door ringing drew my attention, I looked over and noticed the man from the bar was walking through the door.

“Shit” I curse slumping in my chair.

Gabe frowned at me “What is it?” He asked before turning around and looking in the direction of the man who had started making his way over to me. “Shit” Gabe cursed before looking back at me. “He’s an angel Kylah, if he knows what you are then he’s most likely here to kill you”