Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

I woke to the feeling of a jackhammer going off in my head. I tried to move but groaned when the pain in my skull increased.

“You’re awake” I heard Gabe say.

I tried to open my mouth to speak but the smallest movement I made seem to hurt my head more.

“Don’t try to speak” Gabe said. I tried to open my eyes but had the same problem as with my mouth. The movement increased the pain in my head to a point where I thought I was going to pass out.

“You should have said yes Kylah, I didn’t want to have to do things this way”

I mentally shot him the bird. I felt a stinging pain in my arm.

“There, the pain in your head should start to ease.” Gabe mumbled.

“Why” I managed to get out.

“Why what? Why did I just give you an injection for the pain or why did I knock you out?”

“Knock...out” I said slowly, the pain had started to ease but it still hurt to talk.

“You said no, I was under orders to take you regardless of your answer.”

“Still…not…help…you”

I heard Gabe sigh. “It doesn’t matter anymore, the demon council has come up with a new plan. One you are not going to like”

“What?” I asked,

“They will be trading you, for your father”

I felt a tear escape my eye, I knew what it meant if they were trading me, the angels knew I existed, and as soon as they had me I would be dead.”

“Why?” I asked, I couldn’t help the small sob that escaped my lips.

“It’s complicated. The demon world has been in uproar since your father’s disappearance. We need him back to settle things down before it all gets out of control”

“Get…out” I said slowly.

I heard Gabe sighed “I really am sorry Kylah, if you had only agreed to help all this would have been avoided”

I heard Gabe’s footsteps as he left the room, as soon as I thought I was alone I cracked my eyes opened.

The room I was in only had a small amount of light in it that was reflecting through the door. The room I was in looked like it had walls made out of stone that seemed to have something green growing over them, I slightly turned my head trying my best not to cause myself anymore pain. The door to the room was left open and out in the hall the walls looked exactly the same, sighing I look down at myself to find my hands and legs were tied together by chains. I tried to pull my hands apart but it did no good. All it did was make a rattling noise that made my head ache even more.

Great, what am I going to do to get out of this? I asked myself.

The sound of footsteps getting closing had me looking at the door wondering who it could be.

Gabe’s father walked into the room and smiled at me, he walked over to where I was laying and sat down beside me. He lifted his hand up to my face and started to stoke it gently.

“My beautiful butterfly” He whispered softly. “Don’t stress, I won’t let them hand you over to the angels.”

I tried to move my face away from his hand, but he just moved his hand with my face. “The moment I laid eyes on you I knew I had to have you”