6-A Growing Pleasure

Rori POV

When I entered the house I came into view with the image of my father with his hands wrapped not so friendly around another woman besides his wife. He looked over to me and frowned. A glass of wine spilling in his hand as he waved it around.

"Rorusen, where have you been?" He demanded. His harsh tone didn't scare me. The man was frightening, but not to me. He just had enough power and money to make people fear him.

If you saw my father and I next to each other you wouldn't even tell we were related. His blue eyes and brown hair was different from my dark eyes and hair. My features came from my mom, but she died giving birth to me, and my father wasn't the one to keep pictures of her laying around. He never loved her anyway. He never wanted to have a son at the time, but they both fucked up and I was the mistake.

"I was out." I said simply and moved past him. He grabbed me by my collar and pulled me back, loosing his hold on the lady next to him.

"You need to watch the twins tonight. I'm going out." He said.

I rolled my eyes, aggravated with his constant fleeing from his home. He always went out, whether it was with his wife or his mistresses. "You went out last night." I said. "And would Marilyn like it if she found out you were banging some other chick?"

My father pulled me closer to him by my collar. "You tell her, and I'll make sure you don't speak for a long time." He let go of me, and I took a few steps back. "I'll be back in the afternoon tomorrow." He said.

Great. That meant I had to get the little twats ready for school and drive them, and bring them back. Sometimes I felt like I was the parent around here. My father grabbed his mistress around her waist and they headed out. "Make sure they're alive when I get back." He called out before leaving.

I fixed the collar of my leather jacket. I turned around and ran up the stairs. The twins' room was a door down from mine. I opened the door and peeked inside to see the lights out and them sleeping soundly in their rocket ship beds.

Gideon was to the right. He was the quieter one with big harry potter glasses that sat on his nightstand and wore Percy Jackson pajamas. Isabella was on the left. She was more rowdy. Her long fair hair was braided down her back, and she wore red power ranger pajamas.

I closed the door seeing that they were fine without me. I walked to my room door and opened it. Slowly, I stripped down to my boxers. I crawled into my king sized bed and set my head against the pillow as I relaxed.

A smile twitched onto my lips.

Tomorrow was school, which meant I could have more time to hang out with Ben. I didn't know what made me so attached to him. Maybe it was the straight forward attitude, or the cute smile, or maybe the wall he puts up that I just want to break down, just to see him fall into my arms.

No girl had ever made me feel this desperate for attention, so I pondered if it meant I were gay, or if I just craved him.

I turned to my side and threw the blankets up to my neck. I stretched my arm to my bed stand and picked my phone up. I texted Ben, and there I was, craving that attention again, like a sick puppy.

Me: I want to hang out again.

Once I sent it I laid back and closed my eyes, going to sleep with happy thoughts.

Dough poured onto the floor as I tripped over an action figure. Anger boiled inside of me as I saw that I was coated with white flour from head to toe. I walked out of the kitchen and into the living room where Izzy and Giddy watched cartoons as they waited for breakfast.