7-Spin The Bottle

Ben POV

The front door of the house opened. I could hear the creak of the hinges from the living room. My mom was upstairs in her room, and Rori wasn’t going to come for another thirty minutes, so I knew it had to be James.

Usually James would go upstairs and change into more comfortable clothes, but I heard his footsteps tracing into the living room where I sat. He entered. "Hello Ben." He said. He threw something at me, and I caught it in midair.

"It's Benedict." I corrected. I looked down at what I had caught and saw a pair of fancy keys. When I say fancy, I meant  high tech and expensive looking. My thumb grazed over the small screen of the key. "What is this?" I asked.

He smiled down at me. "The key to your new 2014 BMW i8. You asked for one, right?"

I remembered the conversation we had last night. I didn’t literally mean I wanted one! I just pointed out an expensive car. I would've pointed out a more expensive car had I known James would've just bought me it.

"What?" I asked. "Why?"

He shrugged. "I think you should have your own transportation to school." He said. "You're a mature boy. I'm sure you'll handle the car with care. And I have the money."

I questioned to myself whether or not I should take the car. It was a beautiful piece of artwork and I had my license. Being able to drive myself seemed like the best gift I could ask for. But then it hit me. What if James expected more of me? Like fishing trips at his lake house, or playing polo at his country club. Maybe even joining his barber shop quartet.

Rich people did that right?

I bit my lip and threw him the key, mentally slapping myself for how stubborn I could be. "I don't want it." I sad.

"Ben-"

My phone vibrated in my pocket, cutting him off. I looked down at the text Rori had sent me.

Rori: Be ready in ten Kingo.

I got off of the couch. "Be useful and give the car to charity." I said. "I'm going to a party. I'll be back whenever."

I didn’t dare look back at the expression on his face. I could already feel the shock and sadness radiating from him.

Rori drove and Aury sat next to him in the front while I found myself squished in the back in between two pretty girls who didn’t know what the concept of personal space was. Rori never told me he was bringing company, but apparently Aury had friends who wanted a ride too.

I could see from the rear-view mirror that Rori was giving me sincere smiles. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Why don't you introduce yourself?" Aury suggested to me.

Honestly, I didn’t see what the point was because I was never going to see these girls again. "I'm Ben Kingo and I'm sixteen." I said. "There, happy?"

Aury smiled and turned her head to look to her friend on the left side of me. "That's Paige," She said waving over to the one with the dirty blonde hair in a bob. "and the other one is Rena." Rena had dark silky long hair. She then diverted her eyes to me. "I'll give you a hint," she started. "Rena's easier."

Rena flipped her hair and shot a playful glare at Aury. "No I'm not!" She said. "If anything you're the whore."

"You slut!" Aury said giggling.

I rolled my eyes and looked up to the rear-view mirror to see Rory smiling at me through it.

The party was at some frat house over at the University. There was a lot of frat houses around the area, but this one seemed to stand out the most. It was Greek styled, with long columns holding up the triangular roof. The front lawn had an abundance of people with the classic red cups in their hands. There were even people hanging out of the windows and on the roof shouting obscenities and what not.