𝟎𝟎 ∘ prologue

This isn't going to be a massive chapter since it's just the prologue, but let me know if you like it. Like I said in the intro chapter, I won't be publishing this story just yet, but I just wanted to give you guys a little taste test to see if it is something you would be interested in, and if so, let me know and it will be coming soon.

So yeah vote, comment and let me know what you think x

——————————

Seven Years Ago

Seven Years Ago

Delilah Moon sat on her bed reading with the family dog at her side. She stroked behind his ears as her eyes trailed across the words on the page. It had been a regular Saturday in the Moon household.

Her mother was at work, her father was out in the garden, and her four-year-old brother Arlo was in his room playing. Delilah had been in her room all morning studying, pulling out her novel when she was done.

As she turned the page, she heard her bedroom door open. The sound of heavy footsteps drew her gaze to see her little brother fumbling into her room. "Boy, Boy, Boy!" he squealed as he ran to her bed.

The puppy jumped up excitedly, almost falling off the bed as he ran awkwardly towards the little boy. Arlo laughed excitedly as he grabbed the puppy.

"Arlo, be careful," Delilah sighed as she closed her book and sat it on her bedside table. "And we're giving him an actual name, okay?"

Arlo pushed out his lower lip and scrunched his brows as he looked up at his sister. "Li," he said grumpily.

Delilah crossed her arms and copied his face in faux grumpiness, "Lo."

The little boy tried to remain angry but started smiling instead. "Li! I made something!"

"And what would that be?" She asked as she grabbed the puppy so that he wouldn't fall off of the bed.

"I'll get it!" Arlo said, his eager energy rolling off of him in waves. He was quite advanced for his age, the young boy learning to talk at an early age - he picked up on new things rather quickly.

The girl chuckled to herself as she watched the boy leave her room. Patting the puppy one more, she laughed as he rolled onto his back and put his paws up so that she could scratch his belly. "We'll figure out a name for you, don't worry."

Moments later, Arlo came running back in. This time, he didn't stop at the bed, instead, he jumped up on it and sat beside his sister. "Close your eyes," Arlo instructed.

"Alright," Delilah sighed as she closed her eyes and put her hands out.

The girl felt an object be placed in her hand, and opened her eyes to see what it was. It was a bracelet made out of those small clunky beads you found in kid's jewellery making sets. The beads were all different colours strung along a red piece of string.