𝟏𝟎 ∘ crazy

Ahhh, she's finally gonna see the sketchbook hahaha

God, I love and hate slow burn - she says, even though she has complete control over when shit happens

——————————

As Joel prepped Mav1s to contact Aimee, Delilah went out the front and sat by Boy

As Joel prepped Mav1s to contact Aimee, Delilah went out the front and sat by Boy. The canine was lying on the couch, soft breaths escaping him. Delilah ran a hand down his fur as she sat down, the sketchbook on her lap.

Minnow had said to look in his sketchbook. She had run to her and gone out of her way to tell her to do so - which only made Delilah more nervous now that she held it in her hands.

"I'm starting to think I'm the crazy one," Delilah told Boy as he nuzzled against her leg, his dark eyes looking up at her. "Maybe Brax was right, after all."

He had said that if she went with Joel, he would find Aimee and Delilah would be left hurt. She didn't believe it, though, she convinced herself that she came all this way on some sort of mission to make up for what happened to her brother.

But deep down, she knew that it wasn't just Arlo keeping her going at this point.

Delilah opened it to the first page, beginning to flip through it slowly, looking at each of Joel's illustration. She found herself listening to the conversation going on inside the room while she did so.

"3022? Come in, 3022," Joel said into the receiver.

Not seconds later, a reply crackled through. "Joel?"

"Aimee! Hey. Hey," the boy said excitedly.

So this was the famous Aimee. The way he had spoken about her previously made it sound like she was the reason the sun rose and set each day. Like she as the perfect girl and no one could hold a candle to her.

How could Delilah compete with that?

He hadn't spoken to Aimee since he had been with his own colony, which was nearly a week ago, so he was understandably excited. She, on the other hand, sounded more shocked than anything.

"Your colony told me you were coming here. Are you okay? I was worried. It's so good to hear your voice."

"Yeah, it's good to hear yours, too," Joel replied. Delilah could hear the smile in his voice. "Yeah, I'm alive. I'm good. I'm okay."

"I- I- I can't believe you're actually doing this," Aimee stumbled. Delilah stopped turning pages for a moment as she listened, something in Aimee's voice catching her attention. Something in it - she didn't sound like she was that excited to hear his voice after all.

Joel continued on, not noticing what Delilah had.
"I know. It's crazy. Aimee, I cannot wait to tell you everything. I feel like a whole new man, you know? You should see me out here. I'm fighting monsters. I'm in a motel right now with a robot, a dog and someone I met along the way."