𝟏𝟏 ∘ run

Poor Delilah just can't deal with her emotions haha

*same sis*

——————————

The next morning, Delilah and Joel were waking up with the sun

The next morning, Delilah and Joel were waking up with the sun. Joel was pretty torn up about the Mav1s bot, so the two of them decided to bury her.

They went through the inn searching for things they could use for the burial. Joel found a large piece of plastic and a marker. He used it as a headstone for the grave, writing 'MAV1S' on it and then drawing a circle with two circles within it to look like Mav1s' face.

Delilah pulled a clock down from the wall in reception that was shaped like a star, figuring that it could work as a decoration of sorts. Before the monsters attacked Delilah hadn't been to many funerals, so they were just making it up as they went at that point.

They buried a shallow grave and laid Mav1s inside before burying her, putting the clock and plastic at the head of the grave. They then placed a bouquet of flowers they found in the area and Mav1s' foot on top as an offering.

The two stood at the foot of the grave with Boy and stared down at the grave. For most of the people they lost in their world, there was never enough left for a grave, so Mav1s' was symbolic in a way. Saying goodbye to her made them feel like they could say goodbye to everyone they'd lost.

Their families, the people they'd known in their colonies; all of them. It was like a massfineral in their minds.

"We should get going," Delilah suggested as the sun rose and the morning began to waste away, deciding she didn't want to keep staring at it.

Sure, Mav1s had just been a robot, but that robot made her realise that Joel meaning something to her wasn't a bad thing. Just because they hadn't known each other long, didn't mean it wasn't possible.

Joel nodded and the three of them gathered their things and continued on their journey. The day was warmer than usual, Joel removing the red jacket he'd had on since Delilah had met him.

"So, I slept on it," Joel began as they walked. "And I decided, I think I might save my last Truth."

"Are you sure?" Delilah asked, trying to sound like she didn't mind either way. But she did. The last thing she wanted was to tell him unless she was sure of his feelings.

The boy nodded. "Yeah. It's my last one, I want to make it count."

Delilah smiled internally, glad that the reverse psychology worked on some level. They were both right though - they only had one more question each, and she would be damned before she wasted it on asking something like his favourite animal.

She knew what she wanted to ask, she just didn't have the courage to do so.

Joel felt a grin on his lips as he saw the girl smile. Part of the reason why he chose not to ask what she wanted to tell him was because on some level, he felt that he already knew what she wanted to say.