𝟏𝟔 ∘ truth

Look at Joel go. Character development for the win

——————————

Delilah knew to walk away was immature, but Joel loved Aimee

Delilah knew to walk away was immature, but Joel loved Aimee. She only came back to make sure he'd made it alive, and to use their radio. Delilah had done one of those things, now she was going to use their radio, and leave.

Walking through their home, she found the room containing the radio. Turning the dials, she set it to the mountain colony and spoke over the system. However, all she was getting was static.

"It's not going to work," a voice said.

Delilah turned around to see Aimee standing in the doorway, a small smile on her face. She walked into the room, grabbed one of the seats, and dragged it over to sit by the girl.

"Sorry, I should've asked before coming in and just using your stuff," Delilah apologised quickly, flipping the switch on the radio to turn it off.

"It's fine. What's ours is yours. I would've been happy to let you use our radio, but the woman on the yacht kinda blew up our communication tower," she sighed.

"Well, thanks anyway," Delilah said. "I should get going. Got a lot of ground to cover."

She was about to exit the room when Aimee stood up as well. "You're Delilah, right?"

"And you're Aimee," Delilah half-smiled as she turned back to face her. "Joel spoke about you a lot. I'm glad you guys found each other again."
She tried to make it sound convincing, but her heart hurt even saying the words.

Aimee laughed awkwardly, crossing her arms in front of her. "You and Joel clearly haven't spoken."

This stumped Delilah, "What do you mean?"

This seemed to make the girl smile, knowing something that Delilah didn't. "Just. . . talk to Joel."

"But-"

"I've got to go and check on my colony," Aimee interrupted, clearly not wanting to answer Delilah's question. But she was still smiling sweetly - it made her happy to think that maybe there was a chance Joel could find his happiness again.
"Talk to Joel."

Aimee left to do as she said, leaving Delilah standing there trying to decide what to do. Boy stood beside her, looking at her with wide eyes. Delilah wished she could be as naive as the canine.

Walking out of the home, Delilah went and sat out on one of the chairs out on the beach. Joel was inside talking to the colony and Aimee. Delilah had planned on leaving with Boy and heading to the mountains, but Aimee's words had changed her mind.

The way she spoke made it sound like she and Joel hadn't reunited in the way Joel had imagined. Delilah wasn't about to make assumptions though - that was what led to her thinking that Joel had feelings for her in the first place, after all.