𝟎𝟐 ∘ string bean

Hope you guys like the first chapter. It was mainly just an info chapter and a little bit of Lilah being a badass. I feel like a lot of my OCs start weaker and work towards being like that, so I wanted this one to be like that right off the bat, you know?

Please don't be a ghost reader, let me know what you think.

——————————

She hadn't stuck around long after that, gathering her things and leaving the building

She hadn't stuck around long after that, gathering her things and leaving the building. Seeing as the trip there took a while and her monster battle wasn't exactly quick, Delilah decided to head back to the bus.

The sun was beginning to set and no doubt Brax would be back soon. So, she began to trek back, crossbow tightly in her hands so that she wouldn't drop it again. She encountered no monsters on her way back, thankfully, making for a quick trip.

Getting closer to the bus, the sound of a voice made her slow down. Double checking that the crossbow was loaded, she took careful steps towards the door.

"Nice place," the voice said. She didn't hear Brax respond, which left her realising that unless another person had found their way onto the bus, the intruder was talking to Boy. "Can I sit?"

Delilah moved closer to the door, which she had spraypainted 'GO AWAY FIND YOUR OWN BUS' onto in bright orange paint. How was this not clear enough for this stranger? She thought it was pretty straightforward, herself.

"Thanks. You all alone? Yeah. Me too." She heard the voice continue. It sounded like a boy, and it definitely wasn't Brax. "Boy. Is that your name? Boy? Your name is Boy."

Feeling her jaw clench at this person talking to her dog, Delilah pulled open the door quickly and stepped into the bus, pointing the crossbow directly at the stranger. "Are you trying to kidnap my dog?"

"Wh-what?" the boy stumbled, standing up and tightening his hands around his own crossbow as he looked up from the canine to the girl.

"Drop the crossbow and your arrows, and step the fuck away from my dog," Delilah warned, adjusting her grip to aim at his head instead of his chest.

"Okay, okay, okay," the boy said quickly, throwing the crossbow and quiver down onto the girl's bed, which he had previously been sitting on.

Delilah lowered her crossbow from her eyeline so that she could get a better look at the intruder. He was staring at her with wide brown eyes, clearly not expecting the confrontation.

He had messy hair that seemed quite dark against his pale skin. He was taller than her, but not by much, his posture stiff as he stared at the deadly weapon pointed in his direction.

He appeared to be around her age, but it was hard to tell. With the world ending, people seemed to age differently. Not because of the chemicals, but because people had to mature faster, every child forced to grow up. Delilah had seen it happen in several bunkers over those first few years. Children were handed guns and crossbows, taught to protect themselves from the creatures who lived among them. She knew Arlo wouldn't have been too far off of learning those skills.