One

My Over Protective Brothers:

Chapter 1:

"Are you excited Monroe?" My social worker, Kelley, asked me. "Yeah I guess. I just hope this family is nicer than my other ones." I said to her and she nodded. "The good thing about this family is that they live by a beach. One of the parents is a marine biologist; she sometimes takes her children out for a boat ride and they go scuba diving." She said to me. "Seriously?" I smiled. Kelley knows that i love the water; I even have an ocean themed birthday almost everyday. When I get older, I want to have a career that has to do with animals and the ocean. The ocean is gorgeous and I wish I could spend all day in it. Kelley pulled in front of a two story house that had a great view of the ocean and beach. I smiled and quickly got out. "Excited huh?" She joked as I picked up my small duffle bag. Most of the clothes I had were hand-me-downs from the children's home; I never got to have new clothes except for the ones Kelley bought me. Kelley lightly knocked on the door as I looked around. The salty air filled my nose and I sighed happily.

The door slowly opened and I saw a medium height lady who smiled sweetly at us. She had short blonde hair and light blue eyes, her skin was slightly tanned from the hours spent outside, and she had a young toddler hanging on her hip. "Hey Kelley." She smiled and hugged her. "Hey Johnie." Kelley smiled. "Hi Monroe, welcome to my home." She smiled and shook my hand. "Hi." I said shyly as we walked inside. The house was really quiet; the only thing i heard was the TV going in the living room. "This is Ezra, he's our youngest." Johnie said to me as she put him down. "Want to play?" He asked me in a small voice. "Sure." I smiled as he ran down the hall. "I'll take your bag to your room." Johnie smiled and grabbed it from me. I smiled back and walked down the hallway to the playroom.

"Mom, we're home!" I heard a deep voice say to Johnie. I bit my lip as she called me and Ezra to greet them. I walked out of the playroom with him and peeked from behind the wall. The oldest boys looked a lot like Johnie; same blonde hair and slightly tanned skin. "Hey honey." Johnie smiled and lightly kissed another woman lightly on the lips. The other lady had long dark brown hair and tanned skin. "Why are you hidin'?" Ezra asked as he toddled over to me. I blushed and stood up before standing in front of the strangers. "You must be Monroe, I'm Ciara." The new lady smiled and hugged me. "Hi." I hugged her back slightly as Johnie pulled her back. "Sorry she's a hugger." She joked and I smiled. "It's ok." "Can you guys introduce yourself and tell Monroe your age and what you like to do?" Johnie said to her sons. "Alright, I'm Brian, I'm 17 and I like to surf and play soccer." The tallest boy said. I nodded and shook his hand. "I'm Kendrick but you can call me Kenny and I'm 16. I like to play basketball." A light skinned guy with dreads said to me as I shook his hand as well. "My name is Nathan and I'm 12." A tanned boy with short blonde hair said to me. "I'm Phoenix and I'm 5!" The smallest boy out of the group smiled. "Hey Phoenix." I smiled as he hugged me. I chuckled and hugged him back. "Well I'm Monroe but you can call me Moe and I'm 14. I love going swimming and playing on the beach." I looked at them. "Welcome to the Nelson family." Ciara said and smiled.

"Time for dinner!" Ciara called from the dining room. I got up along with my brothers and walked into the room. I gasped at the sight of a huge chandelier in the middle of the ceiling. The table was big enough to fit 10 people. "Sit beside me!" Phoenix smiled and sat down beside Brian. I sat down beside Phoenix and he smiled. Brian handed me a bowl with noodles and I fixed myself and Phoenix some before i handed it to Kendrick. Brian handed me a pan of chicken and I got one for Phoenix and I before handing it to Kendrick. Johnie poured water into our cups and we started eating. "How is it?" Ciara asked me. "It's delicious." I smiled and ate a noodle. As we ate dinner and talked, it made me really happy to finally be in a permanent family.