Eleven

A/N: this chapter will talk about Monroe's life before she got into foster care. If you don't want to read about her past, skip this chapter

Monroe's POV:

"Monroe!" I heard a little voice say as I finished getting dressed; I was wearing a black and white striped t-shirt with a small cherry on it and blue jean shorts. "Yes Ezra?" I asked and opened my door. "Your friend is here." he smiled, making me smile back. I picked him up and carried him down the stairs with me. "Hey Gwen." I smiled at her, putting my younger brother down. "Hey." she smiled and hugged me. I grabbed her by the arm and we both walked upstairs.

"The beach is so beautiful." I smiled as I sat under a palm tree with Gwen. She smiled and nodded. "Can I ask you something?" She looked at me and I nodded. "Of course." "How did you end up in foster care?" I bit my lip and played with the skin around my cuticle. I was always so nervous to tell people my story because I didn't want them to judge me. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to." She grabbed my hand and lightly squeezed it. "No, it's fine." I lightly smiled at her and nodded. "I got taken away when I was 8 years old." I started my tragic story

*Flashback*

"Where are you little bitch?!" I heard my father yell as I hid under my twin sized bed. He got mad at me because I ran off when he was putting a new memory card into his camera. My father likes to take pictures of me with lingerie on; he says that it makes me look really beautiful to him and other men. My bedroom door slammed opened and I softly gasped as I heard his steel toed boots stomp along the floor. "There you are." He said with a smirk before pulling me out from beneath my bed.

"You're so amazing princess." My father said to me, rubbing his rough hand along my thigh. I whimpered softly and tried to move away, making him grab it tightly. "Don't move away from me." He said before letting go. I sighed. "Daddy, I'm cold." I said softly. He didn't have the heater on in his dark room so my barely covered body was shivering. He rolled his eyes before throwing a blanket at me. I wrapped it around my frail body and looked around. There were pictures of me and other girls on his walls; some of us in lingerie and some with nothing at all. "Cmon, lets go." He said to me before grabbing my wrist and pulling me down this stairs. I sighed to myself; he was taking me out to be "sold" again.

"Police!" I heard a yell as I woke up on a dirty futon. I jumped as the door was hit open and a few police officers in black vests ran in. A lot of the men and women were running out of the way of the police. My heart started to beat fast as an officer came into the room I was in. I looked up at him as he bit his lip. "D-don't hurt me." I whimpered and put the blanket over myself. "I won't hurt you. What's your name?" He asked me. "Annika." I whispered as he said something in his walkie-talkie. "Cmon Annika, no one will hurt you again." He said to me as I got up and walked to him.

*Flashback Over*

I wiped away the tears that escaped and looked at Gwen. "Wow." She said before looking down. "I can't believe that happened to you." "Me neither." I sighed before looking at the ocean that was in front of me.