Four

Monroe's POV:

"Cmon Monroe, church starts in 20 minutes!" Johnie yelled as I fixed my makeup. I was wearing a pink and brown Aztec print dress and brown flats. I grabbed my purse and walked down the stairs. Johnie was wearing a gray pant suit and Ciara was wearing a light pink sundress and brown heels. "You look very pretty." Ciara said to me and I blushed. "Thank you." I smiled as we walked outside to their van. I got into the back and sat between Ezra and Phoenix. "Do you have any games?" Phoenix asked me, his baby blue eyes looked at me with curiosity. "Let me see." I unlocked the new iPhone Ciara bought for me. "Yeah, here you go." I tapped on a drawing game and handed him my phone. He started to color as I grabbed my Looking for Alaska book. I began reading as Ezra grabbed some of my curled hair. I smiled and looked at him. "Pretty." He smiled. "Thank you, that's so nice." I smiled and moved my hair from his hand. I picked up his toy and handed it to him as he played. "How are they doing back there?" Johnie asked me. "They're good." I smiled and began to read.

After church, we drove to iHop. "Is this restaurant always crowded?" I asked Brian as he held Phoenix's hand. "Yeah, everyone likes coming here." He said to me as we walked to our table. The waiters moved the table so it could fit our family of eight. I sat down between Brian and Phoenix. "Pancakes! Pancakes!" He smiled. "Do you want the Create-A-Face pancake?" I asked him and he nodded. The waiter came and got our drink orders. I ordered a Splashberry which had sprite and orange juice in it with strawberries. When I got it, Phoenix's eyes got really big. "Can I have some?" He asked me. I nodded and carefully moved the cup so he could sip from my straw. "Is it good?" Ciara asked him and he nodded with a big smile on his face.

"Play with me Mo-Mo!" Phoenix called from the video game room. I walked to him and watched as he played Mario Kart 8 on his Wii U. I saw Nathan and Kendrick were in there too. "Let's play!" He smiled and handed me a controller. I sat down beside Nathan and we chose our characters. "You're such a girl." Kendrick chuckled. "What? Just because I chose Princess Peach?" I smiled and him and Nathan both laughed. "Let's just play." I smiled and we started to play. I easily got into second place, one place behind Kendrick. I got a blue shell and screamed as I hit him with it, getting into first place. "How the hel-heck did you get a blue shell in second place?!" He said as I won. "Princess Peach is the winner!" I yelled and threw the controller down.