Twenty Two

Monroe's POV:

I walked into school feeling numb. Could Gwen really like me? Why hasn't she told me? She doesn't seem like the type to like girls? Do I like girls? I continued to ask myself questions that I didn't pay attention to where I was going and bumped into Gwen. "Hey Monroe." She smiled. "H-hey, sorry I ran into you. Wasn't paying attention." I bit my lip and looked at her. "It's fine. How was your weekend?" She asked as we walked to our lockers. "Good, I got to hang out with my sister." I smiled and she did too. "I'm happy you and your sister have a good relationship." I nodded before unlocking my locker and taking out my books. "Yeah, I told her about the notes I've been getting." I looked at her. "Really? What did she say?" Gwen smiled. "Something weird." I chuckled to myself. "She said that they might be coming from you." I smiled, looking at Gwen. The smile quickly disappeared from her face. "She said that?" Gwen said softly and I nodded. "Why are we whispering?" I said softly too. "Um.. No reason." She smiled and closed her locker. "C'mon let's go to class." She said, grabbing my hand and pulling me to our first period.

During the school day, Gwen was avoiding me. She would choose not to sit next to me or not to answer my questions. After I got into Johnie's van, I sighed and buckled up. "What's wrong Moe?" She asked and I shrugged, looking out the window. "You know the notes I've been getting?" I asked her and she nodded. "Well, I told Roxy and she said that they might be coming from Gwen so I told Gwen today and she completely blew me off today. She wouldn't talk to me or even sit beside me." I frowned and looked at her.

Johnie sighed and grabbed my hand. "Don't worry about it babe. It sounds like she likes you, maybe she doesn't want to tell you right away. Ciara did the same thing to me and now look at us." She smiled. I nodded. "I have a question for you, do you like her back?" Johnie looked at me. I bit my lip; that was something I was asking myself. When I first saw Gwen, I knew she was really pretty. I like hanging out with her and I get a warm feeling inside when she talks to me. "I-I think so.." I looked at Johnie. "Then tell her." She smiled. I nodded before getting out my phone and going to my messages.

to: Gwen☺️
I have to tell you something

from: Gwen☺️
Yeah?

to: Gwen☺️
I like you

from: Gwen☺️
I like you too