Eight

Monroe's POV:

"This was so fun!" I said to Gwen as we sat down at a table with Juanita. Mr. Finwick took us to the local Taco Bell before we go home. "Yeah but I smell like seawater." Gwen crinkled her nose and drank from her water. "It's the smell of happiness." I joked as she hit me playfully. "Ok, Gwen, Monroe, and Jaunita here are your orders." Mr. Finwick said to us before handing the tray to Gwen. She handed me my two crunchy chicken tacos. She handed Juanita a cantina power burrito and a small container of rice. Gwen opened up her cantina power bowl and started eating. "You're a vegetarian?" I asked her and she smiled, nodding. "I thought you knew." I shook my head. "Oh." She chuckled and continued eating. "The more you know." Juanita joked and moved her hands in the motion of a rainbow, making us all laugh.
•••

"Cmon Moe!" Johnie yelled at me and I quickly grabbed the eyeliner and lip gloss Ciara bought me. I grabbed my bookbag and ran downstairs almost running into her. "Whoa." She laughed and I blushed. "Sorry." I bit my lip and fixed my bookbag straps. "It's ok." She wrapped her arm around my shoulder as we walked outside.

"Guess who's in the class now?" Gwen said to me as I slipped my light pink shirt over my head. "Who?" I asked her. "Amadeus!" She squealed softly and sat down. I chuckled at her excitement and took off my converses and socks, putting on my black flip flops. "It would be so cool if our yoga mats were beside each other, i could help him." She smiled and tied a scarf around her hair, standing up. "That's true." I smiled and put my hair in a messy bun. I grabbed my lavender colored yoga mat before following Gwen to the classroom. Soft music was playing as we put our mats down and took off our shoes. I sat down and started to stretch. Gwen did too but suddenly looked up and started hitting me. "Ow!" I whispered yelled at her. "There he is!" She whispered back and nudged her head. I looked up to see him walking into the room. He was wearing a pair of basketball shorts and a t-shirt. He walked over to me and sat down. "Hey Monroe." He said to me and I smiled. "Hey." I looked at Gwen to see her mentally freaking out, making me laugh to myself.

"Did he smell good?" Gwen asked me as we walked down the hall. "I guess. I didn't really smell him, why do you keep asking questions?" I looked at her. "Because I wish I was sitting beside him." She pouted. I chuckled and walked towards the library. "I'll talk to you tomorrow." I smiled and waved before walking inside. I walked to my typical table and sat down. I put my phone on vibrate and on the table and started my homework. "But mom.." I heard someone say softly and I looked up to see Amadeus sitting at a table close to me. "I have a ton of homework though." He sighed. "Fine.." He frowned and hung up. He looked up to see me looking at him. I bit my lip and looked back down as he walked away quickly.