Two

My Over Protective Brothers:

Chapter 2:

I was laying in my room with my head in a book like always. The people at the children's home always talked about how much I read. I love reading; now I'm reading Looking for Alaska by John Green aka God. I heard a light knock on the door and I looked up. "Can I come in?" I heard Kendrick say and I nodded, shifting so he could have room to sit. He sat down on the edge of my bed and looked at me. "How do you like it so far?" He asked as I dog tagged the page of my book and closed it. "It's really nice here. I love that Johnie and Ciara gave me a room with a balcony." I looked towards the sliding door. "Yeah, she was leaving this room for a very special person." He said to me and I nodded. "I guess I'm that special person." I smiled and he nodded. He got up and started walking towards my door. "Goodnight." He said to me before walking away. "Night." I smiled and continued reading.
•••

I woke up with the sun shining on my face. I groaned softly and grabbed my glasses and put them on. I looked at my bedside clock to see it was almost 11:30. I yawned and stretched before sitting up. I looked in my mirror and put my hair up in a messy bun. I got up and looked in my full length floor mirror. I was wearing a black Nike pro sports bra and a pair of gray sweatpants. I'm sure Johnie and Ciara won't care. I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. "Dude who's that?" I heard someone say as I walked into the kitchen. "My little sis-" I heard kendrick say before walking into the kitchen after me. After I grabbed a bowl and the box of Frosted Flakes, he turned me around and I screamed. He jumped back and I backed away from him. Images of my dad coming up to me after a night of alcohol filled my brain as I started to cry. Crying was always a coping mechanism for me especially when my skin was black and blue. "Monroe..." He said to me before I realized that it was it was kendrick. The living room was silent and I looked up at kendrick with blood shot eyes. "I'm sorry." I sniffed as he hugged me. "It's alright." He hugged me back. I finished fixing my cereal and sat at the breakfast bar. I could feel a bunch of eyes on my back as I ate. I bit my lip and nervously turned around to see a guy around kendrick's age with short curly brown hair and thick rimmed glasses. He smiled at me and I smiled back before continuing to eat. When I finished, I washed my bowl and spoon and put them in the dish drain. I turned to see the mystery boy standing in the doorway. I looked up at him to see his beautiful smile again. "Hi." I said shyly as he put down his crossed arms. "Hi, ken said that you're his new sister." He said and I nodded. "Yeah." "So I should see you around more right?" He asked and I nodded. "Sure." I smiled as he smiled back and walked away.

"My friend is inviting his younger sister, if we go out do you want to hang out with her?" Kendrick asked and i nodded as I fixed my sheets on my bed. "You have a lot of friends." I joked and he chuckled. "It's like that sometimes." He smiled before walking away and closing my door. I finished making up my bed and piled up all of my pillows. I grabbed my very special teddy bear and put it on my bed as well. I got a light brown teddy bear from my older sister before she left for college. I haven't heard from her since I was 8; all I remember is that her name was Roxanne. I pulled over my maroon tank top with a cream lacy skull on the front and looked at myself in the mirror. I had on high waisted shorts and I tucked my tank top inside. I slipped on my black flip flops as I heard Kendrick call me from downstairs. I grabbed my phone before running down the stairs.

"Moe, this is my friend Dre and his younger sister, Gwen." Kendrick said to me as I looked at them. They both looked like each other but Gwen had an asymmetrical bob which I thought was cute. "I like your hair cut." I said to her. "Thanks." She smiled. "Alright, let's go show Monroe a fun time in Santa Monica." Kendrick said as he started up his jeep. Dre got into the front seat beside him and Gwen and I got into the back. We buckled up as Kendrick turned his rap music up loud. "You'll get used to it." Gwen said to me as I jumped. I blushed as he started to drive.