Thirty Six

Monroe's POV:

"Are you serious?!" Gwen asked me as we sat outside for lunch. I just told her about me getting adopted. I smiled and nodded happily, making her squeal and hug me tightly. "I'm so happy for you babe." She said before giving me a kiss on the cheek. "Thanks, me too." I said to her. "So when is it going to happen?" "They have to do some final things but the latest it should happen is Sunday." I said and she smiled. "How does it feel to finally have a family?" I chewed on my bottom lip. "Like an adrenaline rush. I've been through so many foster homes and orphanages. I can't believe I'm finally going to have a family of my own.

I listened to Johnie as she talked to my social worker. I stared at her mouth as she talked. When she looked over at me, she had a small smile on her face as she hung up. "What did she say? Am I going to get adopted soon?" I asked her. "Whoa, slow down Moe." She chuckled, making me blush. "I just really want to know." I smiled. "Well, she called to say that you should be able to get adopted on Friday." She smiled. "Really?" I smiled and she nodded, hugging me. I can't believe I'm going to be adopted in two days.

A/N: there's going to be one or two more chapters before the ending of the book. I want to thank you all for following this book all the way to the finish!