xxiii.

chapter xxiii.
smile

it was three days after the 57th expedition

it was three days after the 57th expedition. a day prior to today, Armin and Elisa went up front to Section Commander Hange about the situation they encountered with the Female Titan.

the objective of today was that Armin was explaining his side of the story to Hange while Elisa was explaining her side of the story to Erwin. she was sitting in his office, talking about the situation.

Elisa was willing to talk to Commander Erwin, the Commander Erwin Smith about the situation because one, someone ought to break it to him eventually.

two, knowing Armin, he would probably be petrified to talk to someone with that much power, so Elisa really had some guts to talk to him personally.

and three, she had her suspicions if this Female Titan was someone Elisa had graduated with because the facial structure, hair, and fighting tactics were all too familiar to her. also, for the fact that it didn't act like a Titan or an Abnormal Titan.

"any other Titan would've eaten Ness and Cis, but that wasn't the case. she killed them without a second thought." Elisa explained.

"and what do you mean by killing them specifically, Bachmann?" Erwin questioned in his usual tone.

"Titans eat people because it's just something natural to them. they aren't technically killers, even though they are. what i'm trying to say is, ever since i became a Scout, let alone a cadet, i noticed that Titans don't ever intentionally kill us. they just eat us on instinct, like any other creature. think of it as a lion feeding off of a deer." Elisa brought up a great analogy for the Commander to picture.

Erwin widens his eyes a bit to find out the recruit has this much intellect, and she's only been a Scout for a month. "i see. great observation. carry on." he insisted.

"right. thank you, sir. instead of eating them, she killed them by tossing one of them harshly to the side, killing them instantly. she even went as far as grabbing the wire out of their ODM gear to swing them around until they died. and then she was running over to Armin and i. we fell because her force was so strong, it sent our horses repelling off the ground. then she crouched down to our level and pulled our hoods up to get a good look at us. she just smiled and started running off. leaving us alive." Elisa explained.

Erwin was very intrigued. "i see. why do you think she didn't kill you guys right on the spot?" Erwin asked.

"there could be a string of possibilities, sir, but my main one was she probably didn't see us as a threat, and thought the both of us were okay. but i did notice something about the Female Titan. it's facial structure, hair, and especially its fighting style were very familiar to me in every way." Elisa said.

"oh? so you're saying we're dealing with someone like Eren?" Erwin questioned Elisa.

"yes, sir. i believe that the Female Titan is in fact someone i graduated with from the 104th Cadet Corps. number five out of the entire class, Annie Leonhart." Elisa revealed.