xvi.

chapter xvi.
perfect game

"look at all those houses up in the sky

"look at all those houses up in the sky..." Connie said. "one of 'em could be yours, right Eren?" he wondered. "how's it feel to have your own roof over your head again? GET IT?!" then, he started bursting out laughing.

Elisa scoffed inside of her Titan form. Jean wasn't having it either. "Sasha, could you smack him for me?" Jean requested. Sasha did so, hitting him in the crown lightly with a thunder spear she had.

"it doesn't look like Bertholdt knows our location." Mikasa pointed out.

"you're right..." Armin said. "he's just scattering burning debris to turn Shiganshina into a sea of flames..."

that bastard... Eren thought to himself. you're back. and this time, you wanna burn down my city?!

a bunch of debris landed right next to the seven of them. "hey, Armin! your orders? c'mon!" Connie pleaded.

"what should we do?!" Sasha asked frantically. Armin was unsure of what to do himself. he was also memorizing Bertholdt's words as well.

then, he made up his mind. "Jean, can you take over for me...?" he asked him.

everyone was astonished by his choice of words. "what...?" Jean said in disbelief.

"i don't know what to do..." Armin revealed. "i'm worried i'll screw up... i made a mistake thinking we could talk to Bertholdt, and look where it got us. please, Jean! you're better suited for this!" Jean gasped at Armin's choice of words.

Elisa was smiling, knowing that she was getting a little break in terms of commanding. i guess turning into a Titan has its perks... she happily thought to herself. this was also a great time for Armin's mind to rest. he's been commanding on attacking Reiner ever since they got there. it's time to hail him a break.

"move." Jean commanded. "make for the river! everyone, aboard Eren and Elisa! conserve our gas!" so, everyone did so. Jean stayed on Eren, and so did Connie and Sasha. Mikasa and Armin were on Elisa.

"Eren. Elisa." Jean called out. "at some point, we'll have to get Bertholdt's attention, but until then, you two need to stay out of sight." Elisa's Masked Titan nodded her head, saying that she understood. "hey, Armin." Jean then said, gaining his attention. "i'm alright with judgment calls, but i don't have some genius plan for getting us out of this. in the end, you're the one we're gonna be counting on." Armin was worried now.

~

"YELL AT HIM, GUYS!" Jean commanded. "WE CAN'T LET BERTHOLDT GET ANY CLOSER TO THE WALL!!" and so, Eren's Titan and Elisa's Masked Titan roared in unison to get Bertholdt's Colossal Titan's attention. Bertholdt stopped and looked over. "he heard you..." Jean said. that really didn't do much help, considering that Bertholdt went back to what he was doing shortly after. "the bastard's ignoring us, he's headed straight for the wall!!"