viii.

chapter viii.
outside the walls of Orvud District

yeah. Rod Reiss had turned into the largest Titan anyone had ever seen. it was probably more than 100 meters tall. Elisa and Historia were still helping him out, despite Eren's protests. "just leave me, guys!! that Titan's from your family, Historia!! let him eat me and everything'll be alright!! you two, get out of here!!" he pleaded.

"not a chance!" Historia said while trying to get his ankle chain free. Elisa nods in agreement.

"why won't you two listen?" Eren frantically asked.

"i might be an enemy of humanity now, but i'm still your ally!" Historia said. Elisa quickly looks at her because of what she said. but then, she continued helping after two short seconds. Eren was just as surprised as Elisa. "i can't be selfless, and i don't want to be a god. but... when i see someone crying, saying that no one needs them, i have to go and show them that it isn't true! you're feeling like i felt for my entire life! that's why i need you to be okay!"

Eren gasps at her choice of words. Elisa widened her eyes. she finally realized why Historia doesn't want Eren to feel like this. she doesn't want him to become her in any situation.

then, as soon as Historia and Elisa got Eren's ankle free, the blast became so forceful, that it actually sent everyone flying. except for Eren because his wrists were still chained. "ELISA!! HISTORIA!!" Eren called out.

luckily, Evelyn and Mikasa were on it. Mikasa held Historia while Evelyn held Elisa. "hey!" Mikasa called out. Elisa quickly looked over and smiled brightly. she felt a wave of relief once she saw her.

"Mikasa!" Elisa and Historia said in unison. Kian rushed over to where Evelyn was as soon as he saw Levi zipping through.

"give me the keys!" Levi commanded. Mikasa looked at who was next to Elisa, and it was Evelyn and Kian still disguised as two interio MP's Levi's Squad faced not too long ago. Mikasa gave the two a scowl, ready to fight again. Levi noticed, and looked at the two for himself.

he immediately knew they were in disguises because they did not look like that several hours ago. Levi sighs. "don't worry about them. just give me the keys." Elisa took the keys out of Historia's hands and tossed them to Levi.

"Captain...! all of you!!" Eren said. right before he could really do anything, Jean got a hold of him so he wouldn't fly away. so did Levi as he unchained his wrists.

once he was done, he handed Connie the keys to free his other ankle. "Connie, hurry!" Connie took the keys and started to free Eren's ankle.

"just leave me here! forget it! hurry up and escape!" Eren pleaded again. Elisa looked displeased, because he's already said that enough times. sure, Eren wanted to sacrifice himself, but with him mentioning it over and over again was getting old.