i.

chapter i.
smoke signal

there's gonna be a sexual assault warning in this chapter of Chaos, so when the warning comes to light, you are more than welcome to skip the part

weeks later (i don't really know):

time had passed ever since Eren and Elisa got saved by the Scouts, and everything between the two had been going really great. Elisa, along with Mikasa, Armin, Jean, Sasha, and Connie got elected to be in the new Levi Squad. since Eren was already part of Levi Squad and had been the only member ever since the 57th expedition. they were currently in hiding, away from Trost District.

it was really noticeable that Eren and Elisa were dating. like... really noticeable. Jean often pokes fun at it every chance he gets. right now, Eren and Elisa were sleeping. same room, same bed, everything at the early hour of seven in the morning. Eren was playing the role of big spoon, and Elisa played the role of little spoon as they cuddled together in bed.

Elisa, being the early bird that she is, slowly wakes up, and almost immediately checks her ribs by feeling her upper abdomen. she sighs in relief, knowing that she's now okay. yeah, remember during the battle to retake Trost and Elisa got grabbed by a Titan that broke a few of her ribs, and she fell into unconsciousness like that?

like Reiner said in book two. the Masked Titan ability is far more different and unique than the Armored or Colossal Titan. it helps you restore memory and full awareness the first time you transform. if you ever go into blind rage, it'll only last a few minutes, and if you're lucky, maybe even under a minute.

it can heal faster than the Armored or Colossal, and lastly, if the ribs are ever broken in human form, the user faints into unconsciousness because ribs are extremely important for the Masked Titan. it's a source to assist breathing because the Masked Titan is wearing a mask almost all the time.

if a lung gets punctured in human form, it'll more than likely lead to slow recovery, and probably even death. if she ever succumbs to smoking, it'll cause a lot of health problems. as you can see, ribs and lungs are extremely important for the Masked Titan and its user because the Masked Titan is wearing a mask almost all the time, like i said.

the night before today, Elisa was helping out with something. she had a lot of things on her mind while she was helping. so what happened was she was talking to Jean and Eren telling them to quit bickering like they always do, and she ran into something so hard, it broke two of her ribs.

Eren and Jean helped her up, but then realized she fell unconscious. and when they put her in her bedroom waiting for any sign of life, they saw the steam coming from her abdomen. both sighed in relief. Jean left the room to tell Levi that she was done for the night because of the incident, and Eren stayed with her.

when she woke up, she felt really tired, so Eren told her to go back to sleep because she was still recovering. but she decided to get into something more comfortable so she can go to bed.