Chapter II: Dial "D" for Doom

Bruce and Peter reach an abandoned alien town. The town was mostly wooden in form made from red alien wood. The structures were very symmetrical and came in the form of squares and rectangles. The town was like a maze. However, this wood is rather hard and is comparable to metal like titanium.

Bruce stares at the town. He lets out a soft sniff.

"What gives you hope that you can bring everyone back?" asked Peter. "How is that rational?"

"Faith, Peter," said Bruce. "Faith."

(Subscribe to Samuel Kim Music)

Years ago...

In the Kingdom of Latveria, a nation on Earth 616, the Kingdom had a civil war. It was 1999.

Victor, a young boy, began running away from bombings in his local home. His mother, a gypsy, told Victor to keep running.

"Find your father, Victor!" she shouted in their native language. "RUN!!!"

She ran with him as grenades were thrown nearby.

"Mama!" he wept.

"It's okay, Victor... It's okay. Don't look back," she said. "Don't look back, Victor... Don't look back."

The two kept running and running.

*click*

She stopped stepping.

She stepped on a land mine.

Victor approaches her slowly.

"Mama," he whimpered.

She shook her head.

"Turn around... run... Don't look back... Don't come back for me," she said.

The eight-year-old boy began to cry. "Mama."

"RUN!!!" she shouted.

He began to run away... now being meters away.

But... he turned back around.

He ran back to her.

"NO!!!" she shouted.

*BANG*

She is shot dead by a nearby soldier as the mine was set off.

"MAMA!!!" cried Victor.

*click*

*BOOM*

*SPLAT*

"AAAAAAAAAAAAH-!!!" shouted the young boy, grabbing his face with massive amounts of blood and guts all over him. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!"

A piece of shrapnel could be found on the ground stuck to the dirt.

It says one thing.

"Made by Stark Industries."

Now... 27 years later...

"I can't believe several races of aliens died because of our fight," said Peter. "All over a stupid wish."

Bruce stared at the town. It's a town of about 100 buildings in a 10x10 alignment. Guilt faded into Bruce's mind. He sighs out of self-disappointment.

"You okay, there, Bruce?" asked Peter.

"I'm fine, kid," he replied.

Bruce looked at the sun, which is setting.

"We should get going," said Bruce. "Night's falling, and we haven't found a meal yet."