Chapter VII: Killmonger and the Conqueror

"Mr. Wayne!" yelled Peter, following Bruce. "You're back! You find the Engineer-?"

Peter meets...

Tony.

Tony stood before Peter.

"Mr. Stark..." said Peter.

"Hi, Parker," said Tony. He gulps and tries to speak. "I'm... I'm sorry-..."

Peter immediately hugs Tony.

"I know..." said Tony.

Everyone from both groups eats dinner at a camp they've made near the cave they were in.

Damian, Bruce's son, gives Cassandra a wet willy.

"Stop it!" whined Cassandra, stomping her feet.

"Damian. Don't do that to your sister," said Bruce. "Where the hell did you learn that."

Quill punches Drax on the shoulder.

"I apologize, Winged Panther," said Drax, bowing his head.

"Rhodes," said Bruce. "Anyone out there?"

"None so far, Wayne," nodded James.

Bruce sighs as he sees Peter staring at Tony, who is writing something in the holograms.

"Hey," said Bruce, sitting down with Peter. "I heard you two were close."

"We were..." said Peter. "He... was a good man. I'm just grateful that I get to meet him after all these years."

Bruce sighs.

"You two are going to have to work together," said Peter.

"Don't worry. I'd get him," said Bruce.

Bruce sighs and walked behind Tony.

"'Batman always wins,'" said Tony.

"I'm sorry?" asked Bruce.

"Call it your ego's burden or weird fucking batshit crazy quirk or whatever. I remember Nathaniel Richards told me one thing. 'Batman always wins.' That is a rule in the Universe," Tony turns to Bruce. "How does it feel to destroy everything I've worked for your own selfish reasons, Bruce?
Your choice... To challenge my Universe to a battle they didn't want... A secret war... just to wish for a timeline where Superman doesn't kill your timeline.
You know... for a guy who hates wildcards? You're no different, Wayne."

"And for a guy who has everything... you still have nothing..."

"Yeah... and who took that away from me?"

"I didn't think anyone would die because of that wish..."

"One choice, Bruce! One choice! That choice murdered billions! You murdered way more than Hitler or Thanos combined! And Ronald McDonald! No... Trillions! No... Who knows, Bruce!? Who knows how many people you killed!? One choice that destroyed everything I worked hard for!
You brought us into this mess, Bruce! I died for my Universe! That was my job! It was to build armor around the world. And you came here to disable my suit.
You came crashing in with your fists and changed everything! Your one selfish choice!
'Batman always wins...' Well, guess what, Wayne?
At what cost? At what cost, Wayne!?"

Bruce stares at Tony with contempt, slouching terrifyingly.

"You know what I think? I think that you're no different from me."