Chapter XIV: Midnight Soliloquies

The group has traveled to yet another Earth. This world was completely empty and barren. It had oxygen, but there were no people anywhere. This was Prime-Earth-D4C-Magic, one of the three original Universes. An empty and dead world it was, and an empty and dead world it always will be. There is no sign of hope anywhere, as this world was destroyed by Enrico Pucci.

They settled camp somewhere in the former United States of America, an empty prison. It had the words "Green Dolphin Street Prison" on the fence. They stayed in for the night to keep warm.

"Why are we here, Mr. Wayne?" asked Peter.

"Because the other Peters told me that this is the Universe where it all began. This strange event we have to all fight in is all because of some guy named Enrico Pucci resetting this Universe, killing some guy named Jotaro Kujo, and jumpstarting the Multiverse. It's the cause of the Secret Wars... caused a variant of your brother to go rogue, Thor... It caused you, Barry, to go back in time and try and save your mother... All of this because of this Pucci's master... some guy named DIO."

"The ripple of one's actions," said Diana.

The group sat silently as Bruce roasts some deer they've found outside.

"Wanna talk?" asked Peter.

Everyone turns to Peter with confusion.

"We just... never talk, you know?" asked Peter.

"Okay... I'll start!" said Harley.

Everyone turns to Harley.

"What? We never talk!" she said. "I think it's best to finally introduce ourselves to each other!"

"Fine," said Bruce.

"Hi! My name is Harley Quinn! It's short for Harleen Quinzel!" she smiled. "I know! I know! I may act like a child, but I'm actually a psychiatrist before my skin went all white! I was the psychiatrist of my former one and only: Joker!
I really loved him back then. I just love the exhilaration of being with him all the time! Then he ended up starting to kill children and do these awful things to me like hitting me or hurting me a lot! Then I learned that apparently, he's your brother, Bats!"

"I am well aware," said Bruce.

"He used to be so kind and sweet, but then he got so awful."

"You've killed people, Harley," said Bruce.

"So did you!" yelled Harley.

"You killed cops."

"Yeah!? Well, you know yourself that the cops in Gotham City!? They're not really the next people to look up to. I was raped in prison, Wayne! That bitch put a bomb in my head and I was forced to work for her without my consent! And you were to busy crusading in Gotham to know about what she did to us!"

Bruce looks down as his eyes quivered.

"I didn't want this life! The vat of acid kinda turned me crazy... Do you realize how many outsiders like me were killed just because of that bitch!? I've lost friends, Bruce! Friends! Boomerang! Flag! Polka-Dot Man! Milton! All gone because you don't see value in any of us!"

"YOU THINK I WANTED THIS!?" asked Bruce, standing up. "I'm only doing this because that boyfriend of yours murdered my parents!"

"Ex-boyfriend! And Thomas Wayne was a corrupt piece of shit, Bruce!" yelled Harley.