twenty-one

A few weeks passed, and the twins "unnecessary attitudes" were still fully in play.

They didn't talk, they ate in their room, and not one bit of happiness was ever displayed on their faces.
Mostly disgust, sarcasm, or nothing at all.

Kelsie came back the week before, looking (and surprisingly feeling) much better.

Kelsie told them it would take some time to heal, but she was well on her way.

The second night of her return she gave the twins, whatever the "something" was needed to help them find their mother.

Flashback . . .

"This will help you." Kelsie spoke quietly.
She handed them a single voice recorder.

"A voice recorder?" Vincenzo raised his eyebrow.

"Once you find out what's happening everything will unfold on its own." She spoke reassuringly.

She then left, leaving the twins to their own confusing thoughts.

"I- okay?" Vittoria spoke confusedly before settling on the floor.

She set the white box in the middle of them and took a shaky breath.

"You ready for this?" She asked as she wiped her sweaty hands on her jeans.

"No." He muttered "But I will be." He assured.

"Yeah." She said softly "We will be." She said.

Flashback Over . . . For Now

Vittoria was pulled out of her thoughts when Vincenzo shook her shoulder.

"C'mon you get first shower." He nodded towards the bathroom and she stood on her shaky legs, walking to the bathroom.

Closing the door, Vittoria allowed her head to rest against the cool wood.

She heaved a heavy breath, remembering what was on the voice recording.

Pushing herself off, she looked straight into the mirror, staring in her honey eyes.

"You can do this." She spoke fiercely.
"You've been lying to people your entire life, you can do it for a little while longer." She continued.

"For mom."

After her relaxing shower, Vittoria dressed herself

After her relaxing shower, Vittoria dressed herself. Her brothers had said that the entire family were meeting at a well-known restaurant that their grandfather owned.

He told them to dress nice. So that basically meant boujee.

She dressed herself in a black skin tight body suit, and paired it with her gucci belt.