Forget Me Not

This story was requested by ShaKa008. Thank you for requesting!

~——•{^^}•——~

It all happened so fast. They were just patrolling, and Kai got cocky— as he usually does. It wasn't his fault, though, no one could've predicted this would happen. Not in a million years. Their quiet night had gone so wrong, and now Lloyd's green gi was stained a deep red from carrying Kai back to the monastery. He had barged through the door of the bounty in a blind panic, startling everyone who was currently in the living room.

Seeing Kai's condition, Zane had wasted no time in jumping into action as Lloyd struggled to let Zane take Kai out of his arms.  Lloyd was a mess.  He was so worried he was crying out to Zane to save the fire ninja, though he kept his tears in as best he could.  As Zane took him away, P.I.X.A.L helped to carry the fire ninja to the medical bay.  Nya ran up to Lloyd and grabbed his face, making him look her in the eyes so she could ask him what happened. 

Lloyd was on the verge of tears, but he refrained from letting them slip.  But, even restraining himself from crying couldn't stop his face from expressing how worried sick he was.  He couldn't stop himself from trembling as Nya tried to keep his head still in her grasp.

Nya, Cole, and Jay tried to calm Lloyd down from his panic, and Master Wu was soon alerted due to the noise his pupils were making.  Master Wu gave Lloyd some calming tea and tried to get him to stop pacing around the living room, waiting for news from Zane, as he drank it.  But, Lloyd couldn't sit down.  He couldn't sit still.  He was too restless, too anxious.  He couldn't stop thinking about what had happened.

It was just supposed to be patrol, just a normal night!  Kai and Lloyd had been assigned on the same night to patrol Ninjago city.  They were flying around on their dragons, occasionally flirting with each other as any couple would.  They were in the middle of their night shift, on the very outskirts of the city where there was a lot of construction going on that was shut down for the night, and sat quietly in the darkness.  Kai had thought he'd seen some suspicious activity on the ground next to a crane, so he decided to land on the ground to scout it out.

Not too long after he landed, he didn't even have have time to dismount his dragon before he heard an odd beeping noise.  Before realization could set in, an explosion went off right next to him.  His dragon roared in surprise and disappeared into a sparkly red mist.  Kai landed on the ground and hit his head on a large metal beam — hard — that was meant to be attached to the crane.  Lloyd, having seen every part of this happen, screamed his name and dove for him, careful to watch out for any more mines.

And now Zane was tending to him.  Not only to his injuries from the explosion itself, but from his head injury.  Seeing Kai bleeding out in his arms was enough to send Lloyd into freak out mode, but it didn't help when half a day had passed and Lloyd was still pacing back and forth in front of the closed medical room door.  He was too in his head to notice his dehydration or swollen feet from pacing all night. He didn't sleep a wake.  The others had asked Master Wu if he could do something to make Lloyd relax, but he just shook his head sadly.

"I can't do anything.  He needs to see this through." He had told his pupils.

Finally, Zane came out of the room, sighing tiredly as Lloyd looks at him, holding his breath as he gingerly walks towards him, moving as slow as a sloth.  Zane sighs, and runs a hand through his metallic hair.  He looks at everyone, and says with a heavy heart,

"He's in a coma."

——————

One week.