Fever

Me: *Drops oneshot after a 2 year absence*
Also me: 🏃‍♀️💨💨

TW: vomit, mentions of illness

~——•{^^}•——~

If there was one thing Kai never witnessed, it was Lloyd being sick.

Since his very first appearance at Jamanakai village, Lloyd Montgomery Garmadon had never gotten sick—not even something as simple as a cold! Kai assumed it was because Darkly's Boarding School for Bad Boys wasn't exactly set on caring for the students who "attended" there, something Lloyd had mentioned once as a child. This led Kai to think Lloyd had been building up his immune system since he was very young, much like Kai had himself.

The closest Lloyd had ever been to being ill was the aftermath of obtaining injuries from missions, and even then they were simply that—injuries!

So you can imagine the team's surprise when Lloyd stumbled into the kitchen one morning, looking as if he's been thrown into a river and then run over by a semi truck. Twice.

Right off the bat it was obvious that something was off. Lloyd's movements were sluggish, his head was bent down, and he was three shades paler than usual. Dark bags lined his eyes and his breaths came out in light, shaky wheezes. A coating of sweat lined his forehead.

Upon his arrival, the room fell silent. All eyes were on him. When Lloyd looked up, he halted. "What?"

"Are you good, dude?" Cole was the first to speak, his bushy eyebrows furrowed down in concern. Nya was sat next to him, sipping her coffee as her eyes observed the team leader. She seemed to become more and more concerned the longer she looked.

"I'm fine, why?" Lloyd responded as he opened the fridge.

Jay piped up. "No offense buddy, but you look like someone tried to drown you in boiling water and then proceeded to beat the crap outta you." He completed his statement by stuffing his mouth with a large stack of bacon and eggs that sat on his plate.

Lloyd rolled his eyes in response. "Thanks, Jay." he said sarcastically.

Cole nibbled on how own slice of bacon. "You look like if Voldemort and Slenderman had a kid."

"I got it, thank you, Jay and Cole."  he raised his voice slightly. "Your endless wisdom never fails to enlighten me."

Jay was about to retaliate, but Nya interrupted him. "You should skip training today."

Cole nodded furiously. "I second that opinion."

"I third that opinion."  Zane's metallic voice picked up from the doorway. He looked directly at Lloyd. "You have a low fever and flu symptoms."

Lloyd whipped around to face him. "You scanned me?"

"Told you you should've gotten that flu shot." Kai crossed his arms and smirked. His boyfriend, less impressed, glared at him.

He huffed irritably. "Guys, I'm fine, really. Great immune system, remember?"

Nya shook her mug to mix the contents inside. Her eyes stared intensely at the swirl it created before raising the cup to her lips, flicking her eyes to look up at Lloyd's. "Really? Because it looks like your shirt is on backwards."

Lloyd immediately looked down at the hem of his shirt. He pulled at it and saw the tag peaking just over the edge of the collar. He let go of his shirt and let his head fall back in a groan. Kai smiled and shook his head. Who knew Lloyd Garmadon, the green ninja, was a massive dork?

"For real though," Jay said with his mouth full of food. "You should go back to bed. Whatever you have, I don't want to get it."

"Yeah," Cole inched away from the leader ever-so-slightly. "You never get sick. Which means if you get sick, that means either the world's gonna end, or we're all about to get sick too."