Chapter 22

Brianna's POV:

I'm running unusually late, today has just been so busy. Between meetings and dealing with clients, I hardly had a moment to even catch my breath. I feel bad for making Jessica wait, but I'm glad that she's understanding. I'd much rather be spending time with her then be at work. I'm looking forward to this dinner. I love doing things to make her feel special. I've never treated any other girl like this before. I just really care about Jess, more then I've ever cared about anyone in my life.

Finally, it's time for me to get off work. I take out my phone to call Jessica, to let her know that I'm on my way, and she doesn't answer. I hope she didn't get mad that I made her wait so long. I don't know why else she wouldn't answer. I decide to try and call her a second time. Again, no answer. Maybe she just doesn't hear her phone, I don't know. Usually she answers when I call. I'll be at the restaurant in no time though, and then tonight I'll make it up to her for being late. Let's just say that there will be lots of sex involved. Either way, we're both a winner in that situation.

When I arrive at the restaurant and get out of my car, I walk up to the front where Jessica said she would meet me. I don't see her, so I take out my phone and try to call her a third time, which is just another waste of time because she doesn't answer. Maybe she is mad at me, I really hope not. I decide to check inside, and again, she's no where to be found. At this point, a little bit of worry starts to kick in. I decide to look around back for her. I don't know where she is, or if she's even here anymore. I really don't think she would have left without telling me.

When I turn the corner, that's when I see it. "HEY!" I scream, just as the the pole smashes directly into Jessica's head. When they hear me, they all flee. I run over to Jessica, who's soaked in blood. I can barely recognize her. I put my head to her chest, and hear nothing. "No, no, no." I can barely see through all of my tears. I take out my phone, and call 911.

"911, what is your emergency?" The female voice on the other line says.

"PLEASE HELP, SOMEONE ATTACKED MY GIRLFRIEND. I CAN'T DETECT A HEARTBEAT, PLEASE HURRY." At this point, I was screaming again. I didn't care, I just wanted them to help out Jessica.

"Okay ma'am. Calm down. I need you to tell me where you are." The 911 operator tells me.

I tell her the name and address of the restaurant. I was holding Jessica in my arms, getting her blood all over me. She just won't stop bleeding. No matter what I try to do to stop the bleeding.

"An ambulance is on their way. We need you to start CPR." She orders me.

"Okay." I mumble, being able to barely respond. I don't even know what words are at this point. Tears are streaming down my face, and my girlfriend is dead. Or dying. I don't even know. I don't know anything. I just need to pull my thoughts together long enough for the ambulance to get here. I took a CPR class in high school, and I need to do my best to remember every detail. I need to do my best to save Jessica. I should have been here to save her in the first place. All of me wants to go find Amanda and whoever else involved. I want to kill them. I'm going to kill them. I had a bad feeling about her, and I was right to. My main priority right now though is my girl, Jessica.

The 911 operator orders me not to hang up, and is still trying to talk to me. I hear nothing she says, nothing at all. I put my hands to Jessica's chest, and begin pushing down. I also begin giving her mouth to mouth. I will try anything. I will do anything for her. "Jessica, please. Please. Don't die." I whisper, still trying to give her CPR. Still trying for anything, a sign that she's still alive. I just need to be able to hear her heartbeat, like I do when we're cuddling in bed together and my head is pressed up against her chest. Like when she's holding me in her arms. I would do anything to hear that heartbeat again.  "JESSICA, COME ON." I'm screaming, still trying the CPR, blood all over my hands.