Chapter 5

Jessica's POV:

Today is Monday. My favorite day of the week! Not. I seriously hate Monday's. Monday's mean that the week has just started. It also means that I have school. Another thing I hate. It's not really the concept of learning that I hate, it's the idiots that I'm surrounded by. The students at my school are idiots, and so are the teachers. They're all so ignorant.

I'm the only out gay kid at my school. I don't know of anyone else. I don't blame them for not coming out, because they don't have to deal with the harassment that I do. No one even cares enough to stop it. Not teachers, not the principal. No one. I can't even talk to my parents about it. They'd ask why, then I'd have to tell them. "Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you. I'm a lesbian." Yeah, that wouldn't go over very great.

I have a pretty boring day life. I'm like stuck in the same routine day after day. I get up, eat something, shower, get dressed, brush my teeth, do my hair and makeup. It just gets old. We have to wear these god awful uniforms too. A blue plaid skirt, with a white blouse, and we wear this stupid ass green tie around our neck. Overall, it's just not a good look for me.

As I drag myself out of bed this morning, I can't help but think of Brianna. I wonder what she's doing right now. Probably sleeping after a long night of fucking some girl, or multiple girls. I didn't get to see her last night, which really sucked. She's like my escape from my boring life. She's like my drug.

I go downstairs, to find my mom listening to a bible program. It's too early in the morning for this. I myself, am not very religious. I don't really know what I believe in. I'm seventeen though, and don't have to figure that out right now.

I decide to have some of my favorite cereal, Captain Crunch. I know it's not nutritious at all and has loads of sugar in it, but hey I have to eat something sugary to keep me awake these days. Coffee is okay I guess. It's not my favorite thing in the world, but I don't mind it. I'm not one of those coffee dependent people like Brianna is.

After my cereal, I go upstairs to shower. Taking a shower helps wake me up a little bit in the morning which is nice. When I'm done, I put on my nasty little uniform. Gosh, I'm so happy this is my senior year and then I can burn this outfit forever. Seriously though, who came up with this? A blind person? Next, I brush my teeth. Then of course after, I do my hair and makeup. See? Routine.

I give my parents a kiss on the cheek, and say goodbye to my little sister before leaving. I forgot to mention that I have a little sister. She's a pain in the ass, but I still love her. She's about nine, and her name is Mary. She's short for her age, unlike me. I'm tall for mine. She has light brown hair, and she has a little bit of freckles. She's pretty adorable to be honest. Still a pain in the ass like I said though.

I have to walk to school. It's not so bad though. I don't live too far away, and I enjoy walking. It gives me time to think, and hey I'm burning calories too. It's only about a ten minute walk. My parents offer to drive me, but I'd rather them not. Who knows if someone would call me a name when I was getting out of the car or something.

When I arrive there, I see Selena waiting at the front steps of our school for me as usual. That's where we meet there every morning. My school is fairly big, but there's not a lot of students. Everyone knows everyone on a first name basis. I guess I'm kind of known around the school as being "that lesbian chick." But it doesn't really bother me. I'm a lesbian, and I'm proud.

"Oh my god! I just love your outfit. Where can I get one?" I joke as I greet Selena.

"You can't. It's one of a kind. Designer of course. Everyone is just dying to have one." She giggles.