Chapter 24

Brianna's POV: 

When Jessica was released from the hospital, she wanted to come home to me and move back into my place. Her farther supported our relationship, and supported his daughter unconditionally. Just looking into his eyes, you could see the love that he had for Jess. He tried his best to take care of her, and for a while he was actually doing good at it. Jessica's constant begging to come live with me finally wore him down and he gave into her. It's kind of hard not to because she's just so cute. Especially when she pouts. His one condition to her living with here was me taking her to physical therapy every week, which I obviously have no problem doing. I want nothing but the best for her. She's been doing a lot better physically. Emotionally, I'm not sure if she'll ever get better to be completely honest. Of course I'm hoping for it, I'm "praying" for it. Not literally, because you know how I feel about churches and what not. Although that night when Jessica got attacked, assaulted, nearly beaten to death, however you want to put it, I believe a higher power may have answered my prayers for her to return to me.

I have a surprise for Jessica, one that I never thought I would ever do. This girl has really changed me, for the better. If it weren't for her I would have never known what it's like to be in love and to be loved. I tried to fight these feelings off for as long as I could. I had always known I loved her, I was just stubborn and afraid. Yes, someone as perfect as I am was actually afraid. Afraid to love this girl. One thing that will never change about me is my confidence. And also how sexy I am. Yeah I'll get older eventually and all that crap, but even when I have grey hair, ew wait a minute, I will never have grey hair. Ever. I'm getting off subject, because even I get distracted by how beautiful I am.

The surprise I'm hoping will bring some sunshine into Jess's life, because she's the sunshine in my life. She's been so strong throughout all of this. She's been strong enough for the both of us. I know the nightmares still haunt her every night. Hell, I even have nightmares about everything most nights as well. My wounds are healing though because I have Jessica. The scars that left me that night emotionally seeing Jessica's nearly lifeless body there is something that will remain with me forever, but I am getting better. Jessica is here and I will never let anything happen to her again, that's a promise. 

I finish putting on my makeup and getting ready, seeing as though Jessica will be here in a few minutes. I'm going to take her to her surprise, although it's more like our surprise because I'm still in shock that I even did it. This is how you know I'm really in love with her. I sit down on the couch and absentmindedly flip through a magazine. A few minutes later, I hear the door.

"Hey there." I open the door, greeting her.

"So where's my surprise?!" She asks, all excited.

"Can I even get a kiss?" I pout.

She leans in and kisses me. "Well you made it seem like this is potentially the greatest surprise of my life?! Is it a ring?" She glances at me.

I kiss her back. If she had asked me that a few months ago, my tiny black heart would have given out and I would have died right on the spot. I guess you can say I'm like the Grinch, my heart grew three sizes! "No, silly. Well, not yet at least."

She frowns. "Okay, this surprise better be like the greatest thing ever then. Because I was expecting a ring. If you like it then you should have put a ring on it." She quotes Beyonce.