Chapter 19

Jessica's POV:

When I woke up this lovely Saturday morning and checked my phone, I was surprised to see that I had a text from Brianna asking if we can talk. I was very hesitant to even reply back, but I agreed. I'm very curious to find out what she has to say. I have no idea what it could be, knowing her. She's quite an unpredictable person. She always has been since the day I met her.

I got my license last week, and couldn't be more happy about it. I don't have my own car yet or anything, but my dad has been very generous sharing his with me. He's just the greatest, and I'm starting to feel more independent then I ever have, despite still living with him. Driving just makes me feel free. It's awesome really.

My dad let me borrow his car to go meet Brianna, I was beyond nervous but a little excited at the same time. Even though I'm with Kelsey and she's amazing, it's nothing compared to what I had with Brianna or felt... Well feel for her. I miss her a lot, more then she or anyone could ever possibly know.

I knock on the door to her loft, and take a deep breath, not knowing what to expect.

"Hey." She greets me, a smile on her face upon seeing me. "Come in."

I go inside, noticing almost nothing has changed with the place since I was last there. "So what do you want to talk about?" I say directly, as I sit down on the couch.

"No how are yous?" She sits down next to me. "Okay..." She begins. "I don't even really know how to explain everything. My brain is just all jumbled with thoughts... And emotions... And all that bullshit." She looks at me as she speaks. "Jessica..." She starts out strong, but then slowly begins to tear up, which surprises the hell out of me. "I miss you." She admits. "Words can't explain how much I miss you." Tears roll down her face as she talks.

"You miss me?" I ask, shocked at her revelation.

"I do. I made a mistake letting you leave. I need you. I need to be with you Jessica. I don't think I can go on without you." She begins to bawl at this point. "It's killing me."

"Brianna..." Seeing her cry like this was breaking my heart all over again. "It's okay." I lean in and wrap my arms around her. "Don't cry..." I pause. "I'm here."

"You don't know how good it feels to be in your arms again and for you to be in mine." She's still bawling. "I don't know if I'll ever be able to let go."

"I know how you feel... This feels umm." I pause again, searching for a word to describe the feeling. "This feels almost right." I tell her. "Like I'm home or something. If that makes sense."

Eventually after much hugging, we manage to pull apart. She looks at me, tears still streaming down her face. "I want you to stay. I know it's a little late, but I want you to come back. Please Jessica, give me another chance."

I couldn't believe this was the same Brianna Steele that I've always known. I know some things will never change about her, but this was an unexpected miracle. That Brianna has finally shown me just how much she cares about me and just how much I mean to her.

I still don't know really what to say or do, so I just sit there in silence, my brain overwhelmed.

"I know I won't ever be able to treat you as good as she does. I won't ever be able to give you all that you want or be exactly what you want." She tells me. "But I know that I can't possibly let you go. I can't be without you. I've been without you for 37 days now." Even though I stopped keeping count, she still was. How adorable. "There may be other girls, there may not be. I don't know what's going to happen, Jessica. I don't want to promise something only to break it. I just know that I want you. That's the only thing I know for certain."