Chapter 17

Jessica's POV:

"Good morning baby." I feel lips press up against my shoulder.

A smile immediately spreads across my face. "Good morning beautiful."

"I just love waking up with you next to me. It's perfect, just like you honestly." I feel lips press up against my neck, my eyes still closed.

I feel my face get red. "You're so cute. It's way too early to make me blush."

"It's never to early to make my girlfriend blush."

Girlfriend. How I could really get used to hearing that word. I've never been somebody's girlfriend before. It feels good to be in a committed relationship. It feels good to belong to someone, and for someone to belong to me.

I roll over, a smile still on my face. "It's never too early to kiss my girlfriend." A bit cheesy, I know. I just can't help it. I'm excited. I'm like a little kid on Christmas. I lean in and kiss Kelsey as I wrap my arms around her.

"I wish we didn't have to get up." She cuddles into me.

"Me either. Last night was amazing though." I giggle.

"You mean YOU were amazing." She grabs my hand and kisses it.

"I was, wasn't I?"

Last night Kelsey and I had a date. It wasn't our first date. We had been on quite a few before that. Last night however was a significant time in our relationship; it was our first time together. I was extremely nervous because I had never been with anyone other then Brianna, but she did teach me well. At least I can be grateful for that.

It's been a few weeks since Brianna and I broke up. It's been 24 days to be exact. I haven't even talked to her since then, I've had nothing to say. I do miss her though, I just can't help it. Part of me will always love her, that will never change. That doesn't mean I can't love somebody else either. Brianna Steele was the love of my life, even if she didn't love me at all.

I know I shouldn't have had my hopes up. I shouldn't have expected her to change. I should have listened to her from the beginning instead of being a "stubborn little stalker" as she often referred to me as. She was just acting more and more like a girlfriend each passing day, and I started to believe that she actually was my girlfriend. When Sel and I walked in on her and that girl, I just couldn't do it anymore. Something inside me snapped, something inside me made me realize that I deserve better. I finally realized Brianna will never be capable of giving me what I really want; love.

Part of me still expected her to beg me to stay. To plead with me not to leave her. Instead, she just watched me pack not saying a word. I now know what I should have known a long time ago - never expect anything. Expectations lead to getting your hopes down. Brianna Steele not only managed to crush my hopes and expectations, but she managed to break my fucking heart in the process.

After I packed up my things, I tried to call Selena to ask if I could stay with her for the night, but she was already asleep. I thought of calling my parents, but I would have looked more pathetic and desperate then I already do to them. I won't let my mother win ever. I am who I am and that will never change, I will only continue to grow as a person.

Anyways, so my last resort was calling Kelsey, which turned out to be one of the best things I have ever done. She didn't try to take advantage of my vulnerability despite her feelings for me. She only held me and told me that everything was going to be okay. In other words, she comforted me, which is what I really needed at the time.

My relationship with Kelsey did however progress quickly, before I knew it she became my girlfriend. We're not in love or anything yet, or at least on my part. I'm not in love with her... Yet. I still need to get over my ex, if that's even the right word. Kelsey is being patient with me and doing a good job of helping me through it. She's just amazing. Despite my aching heart, she makes me as happy as I possibly can be. It's amazing to have someone actually tell people I'm their girlfriend. It's so wonderful to be in a relationship. I didn't even know what I was missing with Brianna.