6

My alarm went off and I got ready for school

My alarm went off and I got ready for school. I walked from the bedroom of the trailer to the living room to see Dad passed out on the couch. He still had his shoes on. I walked over to him and took his shoes off as he stirred.

"It's just me dad," I said. He sat up. 

"Where's your sister?" Dad groaned as I handed him a glass of water.

"She's still sleeping I'll wake her once I've done breakfast. You want anything?" I asked.

"No. I'll eat later. You just take care of yourself. I'll go get Alana up." Dad said patting my shoulder as he walked past. I made Alana a bowl of cereal as she slumped into the kitchen.

"Eat up and then go get ready Veronica's picking you up from Pop's and taking you with Elijah. Then I'm picking you both up." I said. Alana groaned eating her breakfast. I went and stood on the doorstep to smoke with Dad. My lighter wasn't working. Dad handed me his. "Thanks." I said. 

"I may not be able to give you a lot but I've always got a lighter." Dad chuckled. I laughed.

"And a cigarette," I said.

"School or work today?" Dad asked.

"School. I'm working tomorrow." I said.

Timeskip

I walked Elijah to the Pembrooke. He and Alana raced each other through the door. Veronica was sat at the table as Elijah ran over to her. Veronica turned around to face me.

"Hey." Veronica said.

"Sup." I said.

"So do you have plans this weekend?" Veronica asked.

"Not really. Working Saturday and Sunday." I said.

"Friday night you're coming clubbing with me." Veronica said.

"I don't exactly have cash to burn right now and people tend to hate my guts." I said.

"It's me, Kevin Keller, Josie McCoy and Reggie Mantle. And it's all on me." Veronica said.

"Alright I'm coming but only to make sure you don't do something dumb and end up in the snakepit," I said.

"Yeah yeah." Veronica smirked.

"Alana you ready?" I called. She didn't answer. "Little biter, are you ready?" 

"No. I want to stay." Alana said.

"Not an option now come on." I said.

"Ronnie." Alana whined.

"What's your whining about?" Hermione asked walking in.

"Alana wants to stay." Veronica said.

"She's more than welcome to stay." Hermione said.

"Please please please." Alana begged me.