20

Alana hadn't slept since Midge was killed

Alana hadn't slept since Midge was killed. I took her to Pop's for food. We walked into Pop's.

"Juggie," Alana yelled excitedly. I put her down and she ran to him as he sat with Betty, Archie and Veronica.

"Your usual?" I asked. She just didn't answer. I walked to the counter. Pop had a smile on his face.

"Your usuals?" Pop asked.

"Can you add an iced coffee too please pop?" I asked.

"Sure, I'll bring it over," Pop said. I sat down next to Sweet Pea in the booth over. I put my head on his shoulder.

"Jeez sis, you look dead," Sweet Pea said. 

"Ever since Alana saw Midge's body pinned the wall she hasn't slept," I said

"Go home and sleep and I'll bring your food and leave it in your apartment," Sweet Pea said. 

"Thank you," I said. I walked to my apartment and passed out in my bed.

Timeskip

I woke up wrapped in a pair of arms. I turned my head to see Fallon.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I came to visit you and when I got here your brother was stood outside with a box of food so I let myself in and he said you hadn't slept in days because Alana hadn't slept," Fallon said.

"As soon as I can I'm out of here," I mumbled turning around to face Fallon. My door knocked. I got up to get it. Alana was cuddling into Sweet Pea.

"Alright come on you," I said taking her off Sweet Pea. "Thanks," I said.

"No problem," Sweet Pea hugged me. I set Alana down in my room and she cuddled a stuffed bear and fell asleep. I tucked her in and Fallon and I were sat in the kitchen. The door knocked again.

"I'll get it while you sit and eat," Fallon said.

"Yes boss," I smirked. 

"I'm only the boss in the bedroom babes," Fallon said before walking to the door. She opened it to see Mrs Cooper.

"Is AJ here?" Mrs Cooper asked.

"I'm in here," I said. Mrs Cooper walked in.

"AJ I need to talk to you," Mrs Cooper said. "Is Alana here?" 

"She's asleep thank god, she won't be up soon I hope," I said.

"You've got another brother, I had a child with your father and I called him Charles but he's dead. I gave him away at birth then I turned him away when he was older and that night he got high on Jingle Jangle and overdosed," Mrs Cooper said.

"Chic?" I asked. Mrs Cooper shook her head as I heard a scream from my bedroom. I jumped off the couch to the bedroom wrapping Alana in my arms. "Hey, hey I've got you, you're safe. I'm never gonna let anything happen to you," I said. "I promise okay, relax," I said playing with her hair. She hid her face in my neck. Mrs Cooper left and I sat back down to eat.