14

I had gotten my cast off and was working on a car that I'd bought from the junkyard while playing music

"So you heard the news?" Veronica asked walking into the garage.

"That southside high closed yeah I did so has southside elementary so Alana and Elijah are gonna be in the same school again." I said.

"We get to go to the same school too." Veronica said.

"Yeah the 3 days that I go." I said.

"Come on can't you do school full time." Veronica said.

"Yeah if I fancy starving to death." I said.

"Come on AJ." Veronica said.

"Veronica, you realise that just because I live in an apartment now my financial status hasn't improved right? I still gotta earn a living to take care of myself." I said.

"You're coming tomorrow right?" Veronica asked.

"Yeah. I'm still working out my work situation." I said.

"My parents are inviting you to dinner." Veronica said.

Timeskip

I was sat eating dinner with Veronica, Eli, Hiram and Hermione

"Thanks for inviting me to dinner." I said.

"There's always room at our table." Hermione said.

"So being a student at Southside High you must be upset about it closing?" Hiram asked.

"I was only ever there 3 days a week. School hasn't ever been a priority for me." I said.

"What do you do with all your free time?" Hiram asked.

"I work. For Pop Tate, Mr Andrews, I fix cars on the side, I was doing tattoos and bartending." I said. "When I'm not working I hang out with friends or with Alana."

"What about after school what's your plans then?" Hiram asked.

"If you don't think I'm good enough for your daughter tell me instead of asking me questions. You won't be the first or the last person to tell me to stay away from their kids." I said.